Sushi

Despite the problems with the bookstore, I was excited for my second date with Alastor. I had even managed to find a nice dress on clearance after a hard day of trying to reorganize the mess at work. Standing in front of the full-length mirror that hung on the door of my closet, I turned this way and that, making sure I looked okay (dress pictured below).

 Standing in front of the full-length mirror that hung on the door of my closet, I turned this way and that, making sure I looked okay (dress pictured below)

Just as I was beginning to have some major self-doubt and considered changing into something else, I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see Alastor on the other side, grinning down at me. 

"Are you ready, my dear?" He asked, offering me his hand. I gave him a soft smile as I took it and let him lead me through the hotel and out to the waiting town car. 

Just like before, he had a nice dinner laid out for us, but this time it was sushi he had ordered in from a five-star Japanese restaurant with a reservation list a mile long.

"Alastor, this looks wonderful!" I exclaimed, looking hungrily at the fancy rolls and steaming bowls of miso soup. 

Pulling out my chair for me before taking his own seat, the Radio Demon grinned at me, "I'm glad you like it. Sushi is a particular favorite of mine." 

We settled into a pleasant conversation about our favorite kinds of food, the places they came from, and the various restaurants that catered to the residents of Hell. Before I knew it, the food had disappeared from their plates and several hours had passed. 

"Would you like to see the library again?" Alastor asked, popping a slice of pickled ginger into his mouth. I nodded eagerly in reply. 

"Execellent," He grinned his Cheshire grin, "I have a couple new books you might like to see."