Chapter 03︱Dinner, Cafe & Arguments

"I just don't want to live like I used to. And at some point, I'm going to put a gag order on myself in terms of talking about the past. I've got to slam the door and deal with the present and the future." — Charlie Sheen

A faint knock on my bedroom door forced my attention to snap away from the mirror that reflected my appearance. After five minutes of staring at my reflection, I had come to the conclusion that I looked pretty decent, which was saying a lot compared to just an hour or two before. Since I had woken up from my nap two hours earlier, I obviously woke up looking like a troll, which was a nasty surprise. My hair was sticking up, I had dark circles under my eyes, so I was obviously horrified when I spared a glance at myself in the mirror.

I mean, I looked like a monster and a troll had a baby. 

But now that I had time to work on my appearance, I had to admit I looked better than decent. I looked nice, and the fact that I didn't have to rush in the morning for school helped.

As soon as I woke up, I slept for an extra five minutes before finally getting out of my bed and rummaging through my suitcase for clothes to wear for the dinner that Brian had planned and other stuff for the bathroom that I would need. After gathering all my things, I plopped all of it into the bathroom attached to my bedroom and stripped off my sweatpants and ratty old t-shirt I wore as PJ's and stuffed into the hamper before jumping into the shower.

After rubbing soap on my body and washing it off, I applied shampoo into my hair and rinsed it out before doing the same with my conditioner. As soon as I finished with my hair, I rubbed the in-shower lotion I bought before rinsing it off and turning the water off to the shower and hopping out. I instantly grabbed my towel and dried my hair and body, before pulling on my clothes. I had chosen a black skater skirt that had been my mother's when she was a teenager and lived in Texas, so it was a bit short as it rose three inches or two above my knees.

Since I had no tank tops or any tops in general for the hot weather, I wore the lightest shirt I had; a red sweater I had bought for the start of freshman year, which was years ago since I had just graduated from highschool. It had been the year of showing off your stomach, so it was a red lace crop top with long sleeved that stopped and two inches after my boobs. I had faced the same problem with my shoes— the most appropriate thing I had for this weather were ballet flats, from when I quit ballet five years ago because of how hard and complicated it was, and in my opinion, just plain stupid.  I quickly plugged in my hair dryer and ran it through my hair to dry it off. After I finished, I plugged in my flat ironer and quickly did my hair, making the ends if my hair curly because why not? Curly ends were totally in this season, anyhow, I think.

After I finished off with my hair and clothes, I took my makeup bag from the bathroom counter and dug around for lip gloss, mascara and my foundation. I wanted to keep my makeup light— I didn't want a cake of makeup on my face. Applying the last bit of lip gloss on my blood red lips, I fiddled with my hair before telling myself that I looked fine.