CHAPTER:2

TEN YEARS LATER...........

A gun sound pierce through the room, puncturing straight in my stomach as blood seem to seep from my wound to my clothes pulling my hand out clutching my stomach as pain erupts from the multiple gun shot wounds to this one. A sob makes its way from my throat to my mouth making a voice so full of pain. My knees give out I fall down looking straight to the eyes so cold, so inhuman and so full of resentment and hatred. The same eyes of the man whom I have loved and called my husband.

Opening my eyes abruptly moving my hands to my chest as my breath comes out in shallow gasps, feeling heat throughout my body I realize am covered in sweat. Trying to bring my breath in control I repeat the words that I have been repeating for the past ten years after I had woken up in a year coma and psychiatric help " am strong, am better than this, its all in the past and am in control".

Finally my breath starts to even and feeling it getting back in a normal rate. sighing I bring my hand to move over my blacks raven rocks that have fallen in my face during my struggle. Darting my eyes around the room making sure that it was a horrible nightmare and am safely tucked in my house and there is no crazy, merciless husband lurking around the corner

Besides he wouldn't be able to find me. After all I am dead to the world there's no Nazreen Abdul anymore as she had died in the hospital explosion. Now am known as Yasmeen Ayaz, a famous writer, whom no one has ever met and a widow whose husband died on his deployment to Yemen ten years earlier.

I move my hands back to my face scrapping over the scar that covers the right side of my face, reminding me of the explosion that killed hundred thousands of people including patients, doctors and nurses if it wasn't for Aziz who was so persistent that I go out and try to get some fresh air.

Thank god I agreed and as my feet touched the pavement outside the hospital, the explosion occurred and I remember something falling on me but after that I woke up in an unknown house more like mansion with an IV attached to my arm. As I tried to move my right side started to hurt so badly that the pain wasn't bearable I remember crying out for help and my door opened revealing Aziz with a doctor by his side but after that darkness started to cloud on my vision and then I lost consciousness.

After the whole ordeal I underwent a lot of treatment that I remember giving up and trying to take my own life but as always Aziz saved me, he has been my rock from the day I woke up in the hospital from bullet wounds but also he has been the friend, companion and fatherly figure that has always been there for me and never once had he left my side.

Removing my hand from my scar I get up swinging my legs from the left side of my bed then I stand up and start heading to the bathroom because I know due to the nightmare I wont be able to get some sleep so its better I take a shower and start to finish the novel that is due next month.

Sitting down I stare at my laptop after taking the shower, trying to find the words to write. Nowadays my mind seem to block itself as writing becomes a little difficult as I have no inspiration. Sighing I will my mind to work.

I keep my mind busy with writing house chores and anything else that I can get myself on doing so that my mind and body becomes too tired to think of him, as if my heart understands were my thoughts are going due to the sudden ache and pain that takes over me, lifting my right hand rubbing it over the place were my heart resides as if that can relieve the ache while it comes from deep inside my heart. unknowingly tears start to fall, I blink trying to will them not to come out but unfortunate for me its as if the dam has broke. To be honest I have never forgot about him.

I can never forget his betrayal soon hiccups follow as my hands move to y stomach remembering that he is the cause I will never be a mother but also he was the man that killed my unborn child.

He was the one who should've protected me and believed me but I guess all that we shared was a lie. When I woke up u thought all of it was a bad dream and that maybe he'll come looking for me asking for forgiveness but that wasn't what happened instead he sent his lawyer when he heard from the news that I survived with divorce but lucky for me his lawyer ended up helping me, taking care of me and enabled me to stand on y own two feet not once did he ever complained. Aziz who is his lawyer became my own family.