when i first met you//chapter 1

14
the chapter name is based on the music :> (i literally just searched up the chapter name on yt and that came up lol)
omg cheesey chapter name eWwWwwwWwWwWWWwW
lmao enjoy

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

i was a new student at a new school, well not really a "new" school. how do i put this? basically i'm starting high school with my 3 friends dave, george and jacob. we have been close ever since 2nd grade, guess you could say we were all inseparable.

"i'm so nervous.." george admitted with a sigh.
"same dude, same. but we can do this!" jacob said encouragingly.
i sighed wondering when the bus would get here, i fidgeted with my hands anxiously.
"do you think we'll meet someone new?" i say with a sorta worried tone.
"eh, maybe. but i like our little group." dave said smiling a little.
"but darryl if you find yourself a boyfriend we won't mind." jacob smirked.
"bruh, this is our first year." dave said while laughing.
i turned a little red, "yeah, our first year." i say smiling.
"but doesn't like EVERYONE in high school get like a boyfriend or girlfriend in there first year?" george asked.
"he's got a point." jacob agreed giggling.
finally, the bus arrived.
"letz go bOis!" george joked while the group laughed.
we ran into the bus and to the back seats where we always sat so we could be idiots together.
but when the bus pulled up once again someone caught my eye.
a smaller boy with a baby blue hoodie, sleeves pulled up to his fingers with raven black hair and big dark brown eyes walked in and sat down near the back where darryl's group of friends were.
i kinda admired him for a little bit until he looked at me and i looked away, turning a little red.
"see something you like darryl?" jacob said jokingly.
"shut up.." i say while laughing and folding my arms.

————————————————

i stare out the window wondering when another 6 years of school will end.
my primary school years have always sucked, no one ever really noticed that i existed.
the only people that hung out with me were vincent and clay, i would trust them with my life.
i never talked to them on the bus because they never got on the bus.
they live like across the road from the high school and primary school so they usually walk together.
but, that kid..that was staring at me..he looks familiar. i swear i've like talked to him before.
his dirty dark blonde hair..his rare green eyes, his glasses..his red and dark grey hoodie..
but i have like no social life really, so probably not.
i take out my phone and airpods (he flexing) and listen to music and gaze out the window until we reach the school.
*bUs pUlLs uP*
i see vincent and clay talking to each other at the front of the school, once they realise the bus they smile waiting for me to get off.
i take out my earphones and put them in my bag along with my phone and grab my bag and walk out of the bus.
"hi vincent! hi clay!" i greet them cheerfully while running up to them.
"hi!" clay waves.
"what you been up to on the holidays?" vincent asks.
"eh, nothing much. i went out a bit here and there, but that's about it." i reply shrugging.
clay laughs and then smiles at me, "you really need to do something with your life."
"bruh, shut up." i say punching him on the arm playfully.
"whatever." he giggles.
suddenly i feel someone tap my shoulder.
it was that kid.
"hi.." he said nervously.
i heard vincent whisper something to clay which made him giggle a little.
i ignored them and smiled anxiously at the taller boy.
"h-hi." i say trying to sound confident, but failing horribly.
"i'm darryl, and i've been wanting to m-makes new friends here.." he stuttered, i think he was scared of rejection.
"i'm zak. nice to meet you!" i say enthusiastically.
suddenly his worried look turned into a brighter smile.
"i was wondering..if you wanted to hang out sometime." he said.
"of course! how about, you come sit with vincent, clay and i at lunch?" i say eagerly.
he gasped a little in surprise, a happy surprise which made me giggle a little.
"y-yeah! perfect." he said excitedly.
"well, see you there!"
"of course." he smiled while skipping away to his friend group.
he was adorable.
"aww look zak! it's your future boyfriend!" clay laughed.
"no! shut up!" i say folding my arms glaring at him.
"hate to break it to you dude, but he's probably right." vincent giggled.
i roll my eyes playfully and sigh unfolding my arms.
"what if i said that clay is gonna be YOUR future boyfriend, vincent?" i smirk.
"i-i.." vincent looked taken back, turning as red as a tomato.
"don't even start zak!" clay huffed, turning red too.
"pffftt, whatever."