The Most Exotic Kid We've Had Came All The Way From Edinburgh

I hate it. I've always hated it. It just seems unfair that I'm the only girl in my family, which makes me the only person who doesn't change at the full moon. So whilst all the guys are out running on all fours and mangling rabbits, I'm stuck at home. Little Alba Fife, house frau ... I don't fucking think so.

 *****

 "Alba!" Dad shouts and I glower at the TV screen I wasn't actually watching.

 "WHAT?" I shout back, pausing whatever crap was on.

 "Don't shout at me! Get up here!" Dad bellows; I take a deep breath and struggle to squash my anger as I make my way slowly up the red carpeted stairs. I stomp down the corridor, just to annoy the guys, and kick open my dads door moodily.

 "What?" I bark as I lean against the door frame, not caring that I'm not as intimidating as my brothers.

 "Alba, what's for breakfast?" Dad moans; I laugh icily.

 "Whatever you want." I snap.

 "Really?" Dads eyes brighten and I nod.

 "Aye, as long as you're willing to make it." I tell him as I stalk off down the corridors. I may have heard dad shouting at me not to wake my brothers up, but I might not have...

 I bash every door that I go past, ticking the guys off my mental list.

 Tristan, yes.

 Gordon, yes.

 Mack, yes.

 Todd, yes.

 I chuckle to myself as I go down the stairs and flick on the music channel I live for. I blast up the Biffy Clyro and sing with it as I go through to the freezing kitchen and rummage for Coco Pops - the best food in the world!

 "ALBA!" The boys all grumble as they come stampeding down the stairs and into the kitchen, rubbing sleep from their eyes. They sit around the giant battered table and they look me up and down, confused.

 "How are you dressed?" Mack croaks and I don't even bother looking at the clock - I have a built-in watch in my brain. Always have.

 "Because it's like 2 in the afternoon." I snort as I pour milk gleefully onto my cereal and jump onto the counter to spoon them greedily into my mouth.

"Jeez, you don't shift but you sure eat like a wolf." Tristan mutters as he watches me drink the chocolatey dregs of my Coco Pops.

"So what's for us?" Todd demands and I glare at them all until they look at the tables.

"You know that I'm not your fucking maid, right?" I snarl, hopping off the counter. "Just because I don't shift doesn't mean I have to look after you losers!" I bark as I storm out of the house, grabbing my phone and my iPod, and stomping into the forest through the crunchy snow.

I hit the play button on my iPod and let Enter Shikari take over my brain, blocking out all the unwelcome sounds of my life. I go deeper into the forest and realise I'm almost sprinting, so I slow down and admire the snow on the branches of the ancient trees. They're gonna be here long after I'm gone, long after my brothers have died and long after their waines have had their own waines.

I climb the tree easily and sit on one of the sturdier looking branches, my back resting on the thick trunk. I turn down the Enter Shikari and watch the snow drift off the bare branches, wishing I could live as peacefully as this tree. Hidden away from the world and just left to live. I touch the small mark on my stomach and shudder, yanking my hand away.

 I run my fingers through my messy midnight blue pixie cut and sigh tiredly. I'm fed up of this. I spend most of my time hiding up trees, even though I know my family can just sniff me up. They'd die if they knew what I was really like inside. They think they know how angry I am? They know jack.