You're Sweet Enough To Put A Diabetic Into A Coma!

Alba's POV

I'm so tired...so insanely tired...and I keep having the same nightmare.  It doesn't matter that for the last few days I've woken up next to Colin - it's still just as terrifying.

I have a baby...she's so beautiful.  Colin is next to me and looks proud as punch with nothing but love in his eyes.  I stare up at him, our wee girl in my arms - she fits so perfectly - and I beam at him through my exhaustion.

"She's so cute." I whisper to him and Colin nods, awed, as he takes the baby from my arms gently.

"Now we can give her to Jack." He breathes and my heart stops.

"What?" I choke and Colin beams at me, tears in his eyes.

"We can give Jack his fighter." Colin clears his throat and wipes his eyes roughly.

"Colin, she's just a wee babby!" I plead, but Colin's mind is already full of a three year old girl, fighting like...like a wolf.  It makes me sick.  I try to snatch for my daughter, but he holds her over his head - way higher than I could ever dream of getting.

"Not for long!" He breathes and he cradles her to his chest loosely before turning and walking away.

"COLIN!" I scream as I hear my baby cry in fear.  As I look around, I realise I'm surrounded by trees and I have no idea which way Colin went with the baby.  The full moon on my pelvis burns and the little star on the inside of my wrist scorches with it.  Something's happening to my baby!

"PLEASE!" I scream, shaking as it echoes around the trees but gets no answer.  As I spin in circles, desperate to find my little girl,Crusher appears in front of me and I whimper as I see my beautiful daughter in his arms.  Colin is a little way behind him and has a doped look in his eyes.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" I scream at him, but the hypnotized look never leaves him.  "She's our DAUGHTER!!  YOUR daughter!" I screech, tears pouring down my face.  Crusher chuckles and holds the baby too tight and grins as she screams.  I lunge at Crusher, but he throws the baby up into the air until she is too high up for us to see.

"She'll be a better fighter than you ever were." Crusher breathes in my ear and the baby hurtles down with a crunch, bones shattering.  As I pull away from Crusher, I watch my baby shatter on the icy ground...

I wake up screaming and flailing my limbs in terror.  My baby!  As the mist that comes with sleep clears my eyes, I whip my head around and try to breathe normally.  I'm drenched in sweat and shaking like crazy.  Colin looks at me, terrified, and tries to calm me down.

"Alba, Alba, shh.  It's OK, it's fine - you're safe." Colin murmurs in my ear as he rocks me back and forth.  I bury my face in his neck and take in a shuddering gasp, trying not to remember my baby shattering on the floor.

"He killed my baby." I whimper against Colin's shoulder and I feel him tense.  I try not to hyperventilate; it's not like I actually have a kid to be worried about, but seeing that baby - my baby - shatter into a million pieces was still terrifying.

"What baby Alba?" Colin asks gently, still rocking me and kissing the top of my head softly.

"My baby...our wee girl." I hiccup and Colin holds me tighter and runs his fingers gently through my hair.

"It's OK Alba, it'll be fine.  There isn't a baby.  You're safe." Colin reassures me and I nod, tears still trickling traitorously down my cheeks.

"I know." I mutter, trying to push Colin away, but he clenches his muscles - trapping me.  I sigh and the fight leaves me, so I settle into Colin's arms and soothe myself with the sound of his heart thumping in his chest.