Chapter 8

I felt the sweat building up on my skin, going through the exercises.

"Three!" He shouted at me; I did the sequence fast. Hitting the pads hard before he pushed me to move around, shouting for a different sequence.

"Hands up!" He slapped me in the side of the head with the pad, I immediately lifted my hands up to protect my face.

"Five!" I instantly started the set, breathing hard at each hit, twisting my body into different positions.

"Two" I hit even harder, focusing on my speed and placement.

I got a harder smack to the side of my head.

"Hands up! What did I say?" I grit my teeth in annoyance, I was so tired.

"Ella! Stop slacking!" His voice was mad now, pushing me on the shoulder. With that, I shook my head and went for the last push of energy I had left.

With the final sequence, Lucas dropped the pads.

"Better." Pulling off the pads from his hands as I paced, breathing heavily.

I ripped the gloves off of my hands, wiping the sweat from my forehead.

"Go and do some weights whilst I work with some of the others." I nodded, moving over to the other side of the gym.

"He's never easy on you, is he?" I chuckled at Jessica, shaking my head in response. We both picked up weights, starting with some exercises.

"How's it going anyway?" I turned my head looking at her, grunting in effort.

"It's alright, I guess. My sister's coming back from uni this weekend so that'll be fun I guess."

"Try not to get into an argument again this time?" I joked,

"I don't know what you're talking about, she's always the one starting it!" She says with an indignant attitude.

"You say that every time but I'm not sure I ever believe you." I snicker to myself, her eyebrow risen at me in denial.

I started on some crunch variations with the weights in my hands, watching Lucas across the gym as he worked some other people with the pads.

As Jessica and I started our cool off and stretches, I heard that familiar voice from the door.

"Great. What is she doing here?" Jessica groaned beside me as both our heads turned to see Reme walking through towards Lucas.

"I guess for Lucas?" My voice monotone, eyes never leaving them as she practically jumped on his back surprising him. He smiled broadly, turning around and kissing her hard. I gulped down that lodge in my throat, dropping my head to stretch to the floor, touching my toes.

His smile is contagious but when it's for Reme, it definitely loses its charm. Her laugh drifted over to us and I regret glancing up because his hands had lowered and he was pulling her towards him.

"Their PDA is getting out of hand, it's honestly sickening." I laughed at her disgusted tone, but my eyes watched his hands trail up and around her waist.

I wonder what that would feel - No.

I shake my head, ripping my eyes away from them to look at Jessica, nodding along with her.

"Completely gross, I agree." Once we were finished with our cooldown, we moved over to our water bottles, Jessica who was making snarky grossed out comments about Lucas and Reme behind me and I couldn't help but shake my head with a smile.

"How about you come over to mine tonight, my roommates out of town so..." She lifted her eyebrow at him, smiling her beautiful smile.

"Sounds like a plan." His voice deep and mischievous, my eyebrow-raising at Jessica briefly who responded likewise to me.