Chapter 13

"Get off me!" I shouted at him, moving my head and neck away but he continued his assault on my neck. Grabbing my shoulders and stopping me from getting away.

And god, it started to hurt. He tugged harder, his teeth digging in aggressively when I kept trying to get away from him.

I managed to yank an arm out from being trapped against him and grabbed his hair, effectively pulling him away from me. His saliva coating my neck, everything about this was absolutely disgusting.

A space opened up around us as one or two people left the room, I felt I could breathe a little and it gave me the leverage to pull back from his grip.

I may be strong, but he was a lot bigger than me, by default he was able to hold me still.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" I shout at him again; anger and embarrassment wreak havoc in my chest as I clenched my fists.

"I'm just trying to have fun ells! Why don't you loosen up." His mouth grazed my ear again as he spoke forcing a shiver through my body as I felt every slither of contact between me and Gale, and not in a good way.

The alcohol was strong on his breath and his speech was slow and loose. But his eyes were the dead giveaway, they were dilated, empty. A type of empty that made you uncomfortable because he wasn't looking at you. Not really. He was seeing through you or just not seeing you as another being in front of him, and he was already dead so what did anything he do even matter.

That kind of uncomfortable.

I felt his hand slide around my waist again, thumb grazing the skin as he ran it under my clothes. He tried to pull my body closer to him, I focused on breathing out.

No one tells you what to do when this happens. I don't want to be type classed as a bitch, but I also don't want his hands on me. Touching me in this way. Which is silly because he isn't really doing anything overtly sexual, I'm being silly right?

But it feels like an invasion for me, I know because my skin itches and I want to freeze as if doing so will stop him.

"You have a very different idea of fun compared to me." I sneer back at him, pulling back from his hold. It takes a good amount of my strength on my part to release from him, his hands pressed down on my skin trying to keep me there.

"God Ells. Stop being such a frigid little girl!" He spits each word at me, and I freeze for a moment, staring right back at him. Mostly, I hated that a little part of me agreed with him, because it's what I'd been thinking for sometime about myself. But that doesn't give him the right to say it to me - not him.

"Fuck you." My eyes met his in a deathly glare, something - I hoped - made him realise his mistake.

I didn't even want to come here.

Grabbing his hand, I threw it back at him and stalked out of the house, giving him a satisfying shove in the shoulder as I passed.

It wasn't long afterwards, after wading my way through the crowds of people when I finally passed into the cool night air.

I felt I could finally breathe and despite the cold burning my lungs, I still took in the largest gulp of air possible in order to calm my unsettled nerves.

"Ells! where are you going?" I turned my head to see him stumbling through the door frame, leaving the thumping music behind him. But he'd picked up a glass of something on the way somehow, probably taken it right out of somebody's hands.

"Home. And stop calling me Ells!" He grabs my arm, pulling me back into him, my eyes rolling to the back of my head. I didn't want him touching me, I was pissed. But his grip on my arm was strong and unyielding.