Chapter 10

There were just under two weeks left until the match and I was feeling good. My abs were on show which I couldn't help but analyse in the mirror of Lucas' bathroom, twisting side to side. These two weeks of hardcore training were doing wonders for my fitness and I couldn't be more pumped for this fight now.

I pulled my hair out of the ponytail before running my hands through the built-up knots.

I jumped out of the bathroom, stepping in front of Lucas whilst he was chopping vegetables.

"Have you seen my abs!?" I dropped my head down, shouting excitedly across the counter to him. He laughed, shaking his head at me.

"Uh-huh."

"Is someone jealous that they haven't got any?" I poked fun at him, leaning forward with my elbows on the counter. He raised his head, a deadpan look on his face, pointing the knife in my direction.

"No. I'm lean, I prefer it that way."

"Suuuree you do." I mock him with a smile.

"Don't tell me you are actually going to keep up with the extreme routine once the fight is done. It takes up too much time, I myself, actually have a life."

He dropped the knife, lifting up his shirt revealing his lean figure. He still had muscle, I'll give him that. Not that I'd let him know that, it'd go straight to his head.

"Anyway, I could still beat you in an arm wrestle." He huffed dropping his shirt and going back to cooking, now scraping the carrots.

I stayed quiet; he was probably right. Not that I wouldn't give a fair go at it before a defeat.

He turned around to get something from the fridge, picking up the milk. Shaking the bottle at the smallest amount left in the carton.

"You've got to be kidding me." I chuckled, walking over to my bag and grabbing my shirt to put over my sports bra. I shoved on my jacket over it, zipping it up.

"I'll go get some from the corner shop."

"I'll come with; the chicken still needs a while left in the oven anyway." He sighed, putting on his own coat by the door and opening it up.

We walked out of the apartment, jogging down the stairs before opening the door out into the dark street.

"Do you think that he did it?" I say, shoving my hands in the pocket from the cold air.

"The guy in the show?" He turned his head to me questioning, I nodded in response.

"Oh definitely, you don't honestly believe he was framed? They had so much shit on him!"

"Well, what if it was planted? I mean, he was trying to sue the police department, why wouldn't that be a motive?"

"The police are so jacked with money over in America, I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem to pay it." He scoffed.

"It's not just the money though, is it! Their pride was hurt and people get desperate when they think they've been dropped down a peg or two. Specifically men for some reason." I received a shove for that.

"Sexism at its finest." I snorted, waving my hand at Lucas who shook his head.

"Not fair! You have all that testosterone. You all want to be top dog for some reason." My voice adamant I was right but all I received was an eye roll and a blank look from him.

"Again, generalising us all. We're not all like that."

I shake my head, "Whatever, the point is still the same! Broken pride would be another motive." He pushed open the door for me and let me walk through before following behind me.