xi

°c y r u s°

today i had to talk to neil and tj today i had already sent both of them a message, so i'm going to go see neil first. so went over to his house since that was the last time i saw him and his parents were both working so i knew he'd be alone.

so as i arrived to his house, i took a deep breath and i knocked on the door. after a minute or two, he finally opened the door and he looked worn out.

"hey cyrus,"he said and i smiled.

"hey neil, could we talk?"i asked and he nodded, letting me inside.

as he closed the door i went to sit on the couch and then he followed behind me.

"so what do you want to talk about?"he asked.

"well, i wanted to know if you have any feelings for me,"i explained and he sighed.

"well, a little, but it's nothing serious, why do you ask?"he replied and i closed my eyes, not wanting to hurt his feelings at all but i knew i had to.

"because i'm interested in somebody else and i wanted to know if you feel any certain type of way because we've been hanging out lately and i feel like you have maybe some feelings for me, and also, some of the signs were there,"i explained that he nodded, understanding.

"well that's understandable, you obviously don't feel the same way and hopefully i'll be able to find somebody who likes me for who i am,"he said and this is why neil and i became friends in the first place, because we understand each other.

he had walked me out and nearly closing the door behind him he said one last thing before going inside.

"good luck with tj hope he feels the same way you do,"he said which left me in shock.

"how did you- he cut me off.

"i can tell sometimes by the way you look at him," he said and i smiled.

"well, thanks neil,"i said and pulled him into a hug, but there was something or someone i had not noticed.

tj was looking at us hug and then i heard him running down the block. I immediately turned around and i saw him. i said goodbye to neil and ran after him. i was able to find him in a playground on a swing, sitting, out of breath.

i walked over to the swing next to it and sat down, starting to talk.

"are you ok?"i asked.

silence.

"look, i was only talking to neil because i wanted to know if he had feelings for me and- he cut me off.

"if he had feelings for you? and that doesn't mean you don't want to be with him?"he asked.

"you didn't let me finish...,"i trailed off.

"...i was trying to say that i told him that I wasn't interested because i was interested in someone else i had said and then he calmed down.

"but then, who are you in love with?"he asked and i sighed, nervously.

"i'm still in love with you tj,"i said and his eyes widen.