xv

°t j°

i was enjoying the car ride and the time i was spending with cyrus until I had received three calls from mom, dad and andi recieveing the worst news ever.

amber was in the hospital. i was panicking in the car for the rest of the ride, tears falling from my eyes and cyrus was asleep so i didn't want him to know what happened so he wouldn't worry.

but unfortunately, his dad noticed and started asking me questions.

"tj, is everything alright?"he asked. i didn't answer.

"do you want me to wake cyrus up?"he asked.

"no, please,"i said, wiping my eyes since we finally arrived to the hotel. the city was really cool. but i couldn't pay any attention to that since my only thought was my sister.

i had to wake up cyrus so we could get the key to our hotel room. i felt so distracted since i had bumped into a few people and they just cursed under their breath about me and cyrus started getting concerned.

"baby, are you ok?"he asked as we finally made it to the door.

"i'm fine, don't worry about me,"i lied and he looked at me with disbelief.

"please tell me what's wrong tj,"he said and i changed the subject.

"let's try to get the door open first and unpack,"i said and he sighed.

"ok, whatever,"he said, annoyed, knowing what i was trying to do.

but as we unpacked, he told me one thing:

"but this conversation will happen, no matter how much you'll try to change the subject."

<>

°a n d i°

i haven't been sleeping or eating, and I didn't care. i've been to the hospital non-stop since amber was there. she has only been there for a day and i've already been breaking down.

not caring about anything else, just worrying about her.

i told tj, and he didn't take the news as good as i did but you know what's worse than a phone call? having to see it with your own eyes. that's worse. and it hurts more.

i need to talk to someone and i chose to talk to tj who's been trying to reach out to me cause he knows how i am.

so i called:

tj: hello?

andi: tj?

tj: oh my god, andi how is everything? most importantly, how is she?

andi: not getting better. she still hasn't woken up.

tj: i'm scared andi.

andi: you and me both.