~ Nine ~

As each of your magical charges reach their highest points, the magic circle slowly glows brighter and brighter.

All of a sudden, your eyes fly open as you feel a burning sensation on your skin. You look surprise and you find Jin looking at you too.

You seem to exchange thoughts. You give him a look of 'is it normal?' and he returns with a nod.

Then, just as it started, the light from the magic circle fade and disappear.

The boys stand up and you do the same. You seem to be learning more from them than the other way around.

"Now that our magical charge has been filled, we may now head to our respective places," Jin says.

You look around to at the courtyard to see other magical circles, smaller in size, glowing different colors. It has the same symbols as the ones on the stained glass window in the library.

As the boys go into their respective circles, you make your way to the vacant one.

A circle with the symbol of a crystal ball glows violet and it seems to compel you to come closer.

You stand on the circle and voices begin to return to your head. Seeming to control you, the voices speak through your mouths, "Let us begin the lesson."

At that moment, you find yourself unwillingly walking to the center as if being pulled by a magnet. That's when the voices in your head rise to the umpteenth level.

In an outburst, you shout at the top of your lungs, "Incantatio: oculi temporis!" With that, the central circle glows violet. You stretch you arms wide open.

The circle surrounds you with its light, blinding and bright. You force your eyes shut, the harsh light getting to you.

What happens next shocks you.

You open your eyes to see the world freeze. The boys are not moving, the wind has stopped blowing. The birds flying midair has freeze as well. Surrounding the place are runes, big and small, radiating an ambient glow.

You reach out to one of the runes and it bursts. You watch it as it fades into nothingness. Out of the blue, the world around you shifts and the mansion disappears. The boys are no longer there.

Instead, you find yourself in a ruined temple. Grecian in structure, the temple is surrounded by broken down Ionic columns. Vines and ivies crawl on the busted walls, creeping into the interior. You look down on yourself only to find out that you are wearing a white chiton.

You try to speak but another voice comes out. "The prophecy is about to take place," the voice says.

The prophecy. The prophecy. The words repeat and repeat.

You close your eyes, hoping for it to stop. "See through time, walk through fate," a voice whispers and you open your eyes.

Everything has returned to normal. The runes are gone and now everyone is moving.

Staggering a little, you feel the charge draining out. Everything seems new to you. Is this another way of learning spells. It never seemed that long before. Now, you feel the spell rooted in your system.

"Who'll go next?" you ask the boys. Jin walks to the center and you return to your position.

==========>•o•<==========

"Incantatio: sanguinis creaturae!" Jin shouts. The circle begins to glow a deep red around him. At that, he begins to tear up. But, instead of water, blood drips from his eyes. He slashes at his arm with his fangs and blood gushes out of the wound.

Taking a finger, he flicks the blood up into the air. In an instant, the droplet grow bigger and size, forming a large ball of churning blood.

Jin opens his arms wide and the ball divides into several droplets. The droplets shift in shape and soon they become small malevolent creatures. Jin throws his right arm forward and the creatures charge into the air. He then closes his fist and the creatures burst into splatters of blood. You look at Jin with awe.

"Thirsty for blood, they come to feast," a voice whispers and Jin stumbles.

Just like you, his magical charge decreases. He walks back to his own circle, regaining his composure. He nods at you to continue.

"Who will go next," you ask the others. Jimin raises his hand in answer.

"I volunteer to go next," he replies. The ever so cheerful Jimin is now serious. He looks so intent and focused. He walks toward the circle and positions himself.

"Incantatio: canticum maris!" Jimin shouts. As the words left his mouth, the air grows humid.

Jimin closes his eyes as the circle glows aqua. He moves his arms around the air in a graceful manner. Then, Jimin begins to sing.

The words that come out from his mouth are from another language. But, you seem to understand them.

Into the blue, shall you delve into the sea.
There is a merry paradise for you and for me.
Into the blue, listen to this melody.
You shall spend your days with me, for all enternity...

As Jimin's voice trails off, water droplets rise from the ground. The dew collide to for an orb of shimmering water. Jimin glides his fingers around the ball and it increases in size.

With all his remaining magical charge, he throws his arms up in the air and the ball of water becomes a wall of raging waves. Anyone who would have been standing in front of him would be thrown up in the air. Jimin closes the gap between his hands and the waves come tumbling down.

"The sea compels you to come," a voice softly sings. The light of the circle fades and Jimin breathes sharply.

Signaling that he is done, he heads back to his circle.

"Very good Jimin. Who'll go next?" you ask.

"I will," Tae says, trodding towards the magic circle in the middle of the field.

"Incantatio: turbinis vasti!" Tae says, his voice as loud as thunder.

Then comes actual thunder. As Tae opens his arms, grey clouds roll over. The wind starts blowing even stronger. You and the others anchor yourselves to the ground.

Then, Tae swirls his arms in a circle above him and the clouds start swirling as well. Right before you, a whirlwind forms.

It rotates faster and faster until rests at Tae palms. With the whirlwind in his hands, he strikes at the forest behind the courtyard.

Just before the strong wind touches the trees, Tae abruptly closes his fist and the wind fades.

"The winds of the gods will set you free," a voice whispers. Tae drops to the ground as his charge leaves him.

He weakly stands from the ground and walks slowly to his position. Not wasting any time, Jungkook walks to the center.

"I shall be the next," he says.