Chapter~Eighteen~

Chapter 18

I finished making pancakes even though its lunch I can’t help, but have a craving for breakfast. I also finished making the hot chocolate for Cloud. He was sitting down at the table with the same big hoodie he showed up in.

“So you going to tell me how you got here and why?” he hadn’t spoken one word since he came downstairs. He shook his head ‘no’ and was taking little bites from his pancakes.

“You know I’m not going to yell at you or judge you, right?”

“I know, I just need time to think of how I’m going to tell you,” his voice was barely above a whisper. I had to strain my ear to hear him.

“Take as much time as you need,” I was already finished my pancakes. I had decided to have two pancakes each of chocolate chip and blueberries, “after you’re done we’ll watch some movies.”

“But you don’t watch TV!” he title his left side of his face towards me, with me just catching a glimpse of right side of his face. No, that can’t be right it was just my eyes playing tricks with me.

“I know, but for you I’ll make exception,” he wasn’t going to eat anymore so I grab his plate and mine to put in the sink.

Lennox and the rest still haven’t come home yet, where the heck are they?

-

-

-

We were both sitting on the long couch with some random movie I found near the television. It was probably one my cousin’s movie or Tessa or Sam. Who knows, all I know is that plot was too predictable. Girl falls for boy, boy turns out to be a complete jerk and all long it was the guy best friend who really loves her. Who writes this stuff? They could’ve left the audience with complete shocker like she dies or he does, or the best friend leaves without even telling her. Hell they could’ve made it more complicated, just like my life.

Speaking of my complicated life, I just remember I got a letter from the school. I got off the couch with Cloud looking at me.

“Where’re you going?” he asked with his voice filled with curiosity. 

“Just getting something from the kitchen,” my voice booming around the house, since it was so quiet.

I had to remember where I put. I started looking on top of the cupboard, on top of the fridge, the table which seems to have lots of stuff on it and finally the lien closet that keeps all the can goods. This can’t be good. I remember it was in the kitchen. I always put stuff in the kitchen, makes it easier to find things.

“What are you looking for?” I spun around expecting a robber, Cloud was standing near the entrance to the kitchen. I forgot he was here. That’s what I get for not paying attention.

“A big brown envelope with my school logo on it,” I was trying to stop my heart from beating so much.

“I think I saw it on the table near the door,” why would I put it there? Cloud was already making his way towards to the doorway with me following right behind him.

Huh? He was right. There on the table was my letter. Why couldn’t they just put it in a small envelope?

“What’s it for, did you finally get into trouble,” the old Cloud was coming back. Only he would find it amusing that I got into trouble, while the rest would be disappointed. Well maybe not Sage and Lennox they’ll probably congratulate me on job well done.

“No,” I laughed out as I open the letter.

                        Dear, parent or guardian of Zeke Nolan.