Chapter~Nineteen~

Chapter 19

I was in the kitchen making some more hot chocolate for Cloud, since he asked for some. But I think he was trying to delay whatever he had to tell me.

 So instead we continue watching movies until he clear his throat just when the girl was about to run after the boy who was being teased. Thank goodness I don’t think I would be able to last through that.

“Yeah,” I turn my body slightly towards him to let him know he has my complete attention.

“Um..that pinkie promise we made before um....,” oh that’s right he was there the whole time Stryker was confessing to me and me and him arguing.

“Before Stryker decided to rudely interrupt,” it felt like he didn’t know if he should say his name or not, so might as well help him.

“Yeah him, does it still stand?” he was fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

“That I will not get mad, yell, or do anything stupid?” he nodded his head, “yeah it still stands.”

“It..was....,” he mumbled the last part.

“What? You were mumbling the last part,” I leaned more closely. So close that my ear was near his head, just trying to catch what he said.

What I heard made my eyes go big. Then again the bastard did it to me too, but I didn’t think he would do it to his own son. All I really could do was hug him. No father or parent for that matter should hit their own child.  He was crying so much, more than I’d ever seen him cry, which is not very often.

-

-

-

Cloud eventually cried himself to sleep. I carried him to the guest bedroom so he could get some rest. There was no way in hell I was letting him go back home. I knew the kind of man Uncle Nate could be, no one knows about the incident that happen almost three years ago.

 It was couple of months after I came out to my family that I notice Uncle Nate always saying rude and mean jokes about gays. Every time he did that they would laugh I would die a little on the inside, it was like they forgot I WAS gay. I only pretended it didn’t bother me, until I spoke about it with Uncle Drew. So he in turn he got them to stop laughing at Nate’s jokes, which seem to cause more trouble for me.

 Every time Aunt Storm would come to visit with her family, Nate would push me, rough bump me while walking by me, slap me when no one is around and even went as far as punching me, making me lie about how I got the bruises. I always blame the bullies in my school and my grandparents believe me, sometimes I wish they hadn’t though. At least one good thing came out of it. I learned how to defend myself, with boxing, kick-boxing and MMA fighting. Don’t know why I was putting in all three when MMA covered it all, but it was no use telling that to my grandma. She wanted me to be extra prepare in case anymore bullies came after me.

Probably wondering if that’s only couple punches here and there, then why bother learning at all. I’ll tell you why, I remember one specific visit when they came. They wanted to have a family night out with my grandparents, so they went out to eat, leaving me at home alone with Nate because I didn’t want to go. I have no idea why Nate wanted to stay. He left the house right after the family left. I didn’t know his intention was, until later that evening. No one was home because they phone that they were going to the mall after they ate. They didn’t come back until later that night.  Leaving him an enough time to get drunk and almost beating me death, if I hadn’t remember what my fighting instructors about hitting back. I never knew how strong I was ‘til that night. I broke his nose, two ribs and his wrist.