Lunchtime at the Office

Woods' POV
I had just pulled into the parking lot and parked at the office at 8:15  when I saw Tanner running towards me. I opened my door and grabbed my laptop.
"Hey Woods! Are you going to Matt and Amanda's on Friday?"
"Yeah I'm planning on it. Why?"
"Gunner isn't going so I'll need a ride. Could I ride with you?"
Just to mess with him I made it look like I was thinking really hard about it.
"I don't know, I'll have to think about it."
Tanner looked exasperated. "A simple yes or no would work Woods. If you're going to be that way, maybe I'll just go ask Paul."
I started laughing as he turned to walk away, "Yes Tanner. You can ride with me. I was only messing with you."
Tanner slapped my shoulder and grinned. "Thanks Woods! You're the best!"
I chuckled. "You're welcome Tan Man. But why didn't you ask Matt? I'm sure he would've said yes."
"I did. He's going to he leaving earlier that afternoon to help Amanda set up and he'll have Connor and Pat so he asked if I could find another ride if possible." I nodded with understanding. "Are you ready for the REKT shoot later?" I asked him as I opened the door to blue base.
"Heck yeah!! Aside from GG, REKT shoots are my favorite!" He said. His enthusiasm mixed with mine. I love doing videos with the guys, it's so much fun. We can be idiots but what else is new? I parted ways with Tanner and walked into my office. I recieved a hearty "Morning Woods!" from Catherine. "Morning Cat, how's it going?" I said as I sat down at my desk.
"Not too bad. I got here about 10 minutes ago. I was a little surprised when I noticed I got here before you." "Yeah, I slept through my alarm. What's that smell?" I looked around the office trying to find the source. Catherine chuckled. "You're probably smelling my hazelnut coffee." I was a little surprised and confused. "You're coffee? Since when has Starbucks coffee filled a room with it's aroma?"
Cat started laughing. "It's not from Starbucks actually. I went to the new place that opened a few months ago called Coffee Express. I wanted to give it a try and do something new and different this morning. In my opinion, this is better than Starbucks!"
"Could I try it?" I ask her. She waves her hand towards her coffee and says "Go ahead". As I take a small drink I'm genuinely surprised. I'm not a huge fan of hazelnut but it's not overpowering like some drinks I've had. There's even a hint of cinnamon. "Oh wow! That's good!" I said as I handed it back to her. "Isn't it?" she exclaimed. "I'm thinking of going back at lunch time. Sam and Pat are going with me. Do you want to come along?" I shrug. "Why not? Do you know where you're going?" I ask. She picks up her phone and starts typing, "I don't think we've decided. Pat wants In' n' Out but Sam wants Del Taco." "What do you want to have?" She shrugs."I'm fine with either. Why don't you be the deciding factor so we can stop the argument." I thought for a couple of minutes before deciding. "I'm honestly leaning more towards Del Taco." "Okay. I'll text them and let them know." We stopped talking after that and I started editing a video for Get Good Gaming. About 30 minutes later Cat and I look up as Sam and Pat came in arguing about lunch. "Del Taco! It's been decided!! Besides, you need a change from cheeseburgers Pat! When was the last time you had something besides a burger and fries for lunch?" I smiled as Sam had a point there. "For your information Samantha it was last Wednesday! I had some of the taco salad that Tanner brought!" Cat and I just looked at each other and smile. Sam and Patrick bickering is always amusing. Cat cleared her throat trying to get their attention. "Guys." Aside from them getting louder nothing changed. "Guys!" They both stopped mid-sentence and looked at her. "Hi! Now that I have your attention, we're going to Del Taco and that's final!" Sam jumped and did a small happy dance. Pat looked at me all hurt. "Why Woods? I thought I was your friend!" he said poking out his bottom lip. I decided to poke some fun at him, " Bold of you to assume we're friends. But Sam's right. You've had burgers a lot lately and tacos sound really good." Sam walked over to me and gave me a high five. "Thanks for the back up Woods!" I smiled and nodded. Patrick shrugs "Fine! Whatever! We'll go to Del Taco." He stuck his hands in his pockets. "So what's the plan then? Who's car are we going to take?" he asked. "We can take mine. And I was thinking we could get coffee too." Cat said. "I'm down! Starbucks?" Sam asked. Cat shook her head, "You know the new coffee shop just a few miles from here? Sam and Pat nodded. "They have amazing coffee and you guys should try it!" "I thought you said you haven't had coffee from Coffee Express." Pat said confused. "I got one this morning. They do an amazing job! It was probably the best hazelnut latte I've had in awhile." "Oh so that's what the nutty smell is! I thought you had lit a candle or got a new perfume or something." Sam exclaimed. I chuckled. "Nope, not a candle. Just some coffee. I had a sip of Cat's coffee and with me not being a huge fan of hazelnut, I enjoyed it." "Huh! Then I can't wait to go!" Sam said.

*Timeskip to lunch time*

"Who's ready for some lunch?" Catherine yelled as she ran into the office. Sam winced a little. "We're ready, we just need to go get Pat." Sam said. Sam and I walked as Cat rode her skateboard over to Orange base. We opened the door and walked over to Gunner and Pat's office. They both had their headphones on so they didn't hear us open the door. Catherine took a step into the office with a smirk on her face and yelled "Patrick!" Sma and I busted up laughing when they both jumped. "Oh my gosh Catherine! Don't do that!" Yelled Pat. As Cat collected herself and finished laughing she asked "Are you ready for some lunch and coffee?" "Coffee? I want coffee!" We all looked at the door and saw Paul walk up. "Well to bad Paul! You weren't invited!" I joked. "Uh, I think I just invited myself thank you." he said as he laughed. "Fine, but we're not going to Starbucks." I said. He looked a little confused, "Oh yeah? Where we going?" "We're going to that small new business that opened a few months ago, Coffee Express." "Oh nice! It's been on my list to try it but haven't been able to yet." "Alright then!! Off to the car! Then to coffee!" Cat exclaimed as she ran to the door. "And lunch! Don't forget lunch!" Pat yelled as he chased after her. Paul, Sam, and I laughed as we followed.