Chapter Eight

Its 1 am on a friday night and I'm unable to sleep, because I can hear weird sounds outside. When suddenly a loud bombing sound happened that freaked me out. 

"Beth!" Dad called rushing to my room .

"Daddy! what's going on?" I cried as I ran and curled myself inbetween his arms.

"I don't know hunny I will call the police to check, but now we have to stay in one room altogether alright?" 

"Okay." 

I entered my parents room and saw everyone in there sitting beside the  bed on the floor. My dad directly phoned the police and they had no idea  about what's going on yet, but two minutes later we heard police cars sirens.

After an hour or so our door bell rang and I was really scared for the first time in my life.. I felt that this is it. 

My end.

Dad looked at us and said " I will check the windows first before going down, but we have to turn the lights off." 

Ann went to mum and hugged her.. I am scared of the dark too but this time I just didn't feel anything except fear from the people on our door step.

"Its not the police, they are probably in the next neighbourhood still searching for them." daddy heavily sighed.

"Dad you're not going down there we are just going to call the cops!" Jack begged.

"If I didn't Jack, they will force them selves in.."

My dad used to work in the army but he retired early to spend time with his family perhaps. He had a bunch of weapons hiding in the house which we all got to know where they are kept now. 

"If I didn't come up in fifteen minutes hide in the cupboard." dad whispered to mum.

In my head I was thinking that we will easily get caught in there too, but as soon as my dad left the room I phoned the Police.

two minutes passed and the police were in front of the house.

My dad came rushing upstairs " Who called them?! One got away!"

The police knocked on the door this time, finally a relief. 

"Is everyone okay Sir?" The officer asked.

"Yes, did you catch them ?" my dad said.

"Yes sir and everything is under control now." The officer replied.

"I'm afraid not" My dad said.

"How so Mr.. ?" 

"Starks.. I'm a secret agent in the FBI."

"Can we please come in and have a small talk?" The officer asked.

"please, come in." my dad welcomed.

Why is today so weird to me and how and when did dad join the FBI. I thoight he left the army for good.

They were talking in the living room quietly, I bet dad was telling them about the other guy that ran away.

My phone started ringing.

Harry.

"Hey." I answered as I walked myself away from the living room.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?" 

" Its all over the news! How come you didn't call me?" He freaked out.

"How will I call you and just leave everyone!?"

"and leave me freaking worry about you here!" His tone rose on the phone.