Part 10

*3 Years Earlier*

Harry's POV

It was quiet in the firehouse, unusual but then again everyone was out there battling a wildfire that was destroying a small town. I was stuck here cleaning and making sure everything was in order for when everyone returned. I had just got done mopping the lounge when I heard someone clear their throat. I quickly turned around to see who it was and my blood ran cold when I saw it was Callie. I had been avoiding her for the longest time, she was a lovely person but I told her several times that what we had going on wasn't going to happen anymore. I even had the captain switch my shifts around so that I could avoid her at all costs. She asked why, but I also have been avoiding that answer as well. It had been a long time since I've seen or contacted her.

"Hey Callie", I smiled at her awkwardly.

"Where is everyone", she giggled.

"Ummmm.... they're all up in Hemet. There's a wild fire up there", I said.

"So it's just us two", she giggled once again trying to get close to me.

"Callie...", I sighed already knowing where this is going.

"Oh come on Styles, there's no one here. Meaning we can use one of the common rooms again, no one will know. Plus it's been forever", she winked as she grabbed my hand trying to pull me to the cots that were set up for when we were tired. Where we used to hook up.

"Callie, we've talked about this", I said aggravated that she wasn't listening to me.

"Come on Styles", she giggled thinking she was cute but it was just making me more upset.

"I said no!!", I suddenly burst ripping my hand out of her hold.

"What's wrong Harry?", she asked concerned.

"Callie. I told you that we are done, whatever we had is no more", I sighed explaining it to her yet again.

"But we were having such a good time, why would you throw that all away", she huffed getting angry.

"Because things have changed", I simply answered.

"What things. What are you talking about Harry?", she asked getting me more irritated.

"I'm in love with someone else!!!", I finally exploded instantly regretting what I had said. It was none of her business.

"What?", she looked like I had shot her dog.

"I am, and I've proposed. We're getting married, I love her", I said more softly.

"It's Y/n huh", she asked.

"That's not the point Callie", I avoided the question.

"It is....why....How long have you guys been going out?", she pressed.

"Not that it's any of your business but a year and a half. I proposed to her 2 months ago. I'm getting married", I explained.

"That's why you've stop seeing me and changed your shifts", she whimpered.

"I'm sorry Callie, but I love her and I see myself spending the rest of my life with her", I smiled fondly at the thought is Y/n.

She didn't say anything, but I could see the tears fall from her eyes. She turned her back to me and walked out of the building. I didn't feel an ounce of remorse, I didn't love her and I had told her several times that what we had was over. If this was the only way she would get it, then so be it.