Part 24

Mavericks POV

"Ok men, we know what we are all here for, we've already split you into teams. I want you guys to dig through the rubble and search for survivors but in particular Harry Styles. He's one of ours and we can not let him die out here. Get to it, Cruz and I will check on your guys in a while to get updates", I demanded then dismissed them.

"We'll fins him", Cruz came over to me to comfort me.

"This is all my fault, I promised to bring him back in one piece and now he's missing. If something happens to him I'll never be able to forgive myself", I sighed in frustration.

"Hey don't say that, we are going to find him", Cruz assured me.

"Now do you remember which way he ran off to", Cruz asked.

I didn't want to tell him that it was completely hopeless to start there because I couldn't recognize the scene before us. It was totally different then when we had started. Everything now was burned beyond recognition. I took my time to scan the area to see if I indeed did recognize the area where we once did with Harry by our side.

"Over here", I pointed to a random area.

"Let's go", Cruz led the way.

I said a small prayer to whoever was above us, I hoped we find him.

~3 Days Later~

Maverick's POV

Everyone single team member had told me that they swept the area twice and there was still no sign of him. We had found several survivors and people who were injured but he was still missing. I couldn't leave the area until he was found. Cruz and I had decided to swept each house that was burned beyond recognition ourselves in hopes that someone just had made an over sight and we would find him. I tried my best not to loose hope, we were half way through the houses. He still wasn't found even after searching for him with a fine tooth comb.

"Is it ok if I take a break? I need to rest my knees", Cruz said as we approached another house.

"Go for it, I'm just going to get a head start", I nodded to him.

"Alright", Cruz sat down on a log.

I began to dig through the rubble and the burned belongings, I didn't know how long I had began to dig that I began to once again to loose hope. That was until something shiny came into my view. Once I cleared enough of the debris, I was able to pick the object and realized it was one of our flashlights. HE'S HERE!!

"CRUZ!! I NEED YOU NOW AND CALL FOR HELP!!".