Stephen tries

( just before we start I wanted to say I'm fully aware that Stephan doesn't live in London but for the sake of this story just imagine).
Also y/n/n = your nick name.

"Bloody hell y/n , how long has it been" I heard him say merrily down the phone.
"Hey ste I was wondering if maybe you'd like to meet up , quick little catch up sorta thing , cafe downtown in 30".
"Sounds good to me , see you then"
"Byeeeee"
I was so grateful for Stephen, at times like these he was always there no matter what and i trusted him with my life. We had always been friends he was the one who introduced me to the boys. Sometimes we'd drift out of contact due to life just getting in the way but I knew he would always be there to listen , his family was practically my family so we were raised together like twins.
I didn't want to get into any of the details of the last few days over the phone , I just wanted to see him in person.

So I took off my work uniform , throwing it into an abandoned corner of my room and grabbed a old pair of jeans. I found a matching top and threw it on glancing at my reflection I'm the mirror not feeling nearly good enough.

Not that I had to dress up for ste or anything but the events of the las few days had really taken there toll on me and I just felt super self conscious.

(Your outfit)
👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

I decided just to leave now because the traffic was bound to be bad and I didn't have much time left

I decided just to leave now because the traffic was bound to be bad and I didn't have much time left. I locked the door checking I had my phone and purse and continued down the corridor calling myself a cab.

I don't think I've mentioned before but I literally can not drive. I've tried many times and failed.
I don't know but there's something about it that gets me all worked up and stressed then I just freeze up. So most of the time I relied on public transport or my own legs , but there was no time for that now.

I jumped in the car quickly telling the driver to just get me as close as possible cuz town was gonna be very congested.

...

My prediction was right and by the time we pulled up out side I was already at least 15 minutes late. I rushed out the car handing the driver the money heading to the door as fast as possible. And that's when I bumped into the exact person I was there to meet "ste" I sad excitedly crashing into him.
"Hey Y/n/n it's been so long" y/n/n was something Stephen had always called me it annoyed me sometimes but he continued never the less.
I shuck my head giggling slightly as I wrapped my arms round him giving him a big hug.

We made our way inside finding as table and ordering some drinks.

"So how's life been treating you" I said sipping some of the froth at the top of my latte.
"Actually , quite well for once" he answered seeming  to shock himself as he did " how about you ay, hows the last few months been"

I didn't quite know how to answer and I could feel his curiosity burning through me like he was reading my mind.
"um.              
                Eventful".