Betrayal

"What kind of escape is teaching her how to attack people?!" America screeched.

Third Reich merely laughed, his current side kick standing as stone, expression blank, North Star still ablaze. Every time she breathed smoke came from her mouth, and new blisters appeared along her arms. The other was covered by the heavy cloak of fur, looking agonizingly hot, yet Alaska didn't seem fazed by any of it. She stood there, stoic and unmoving.

         "Vhat do you do vhen you're angry?" the genocidal man replied, "You lash out! It's perfectly normal, and her deep rooted hate tortured her for years!"

         "Hate for vhat?" Russia huffed, "our fadher? Yeah, I get dhat, but everyone else?"

Third huffed, tired of their lack of understanding. No one seemed to understand him, except Alaska to an extent, but even that didn't last when he started the war. But now? He was very close to having her full loyalty.

         "Everyone else..." Alaska began, "Vould have done dhe same..."

         "And zhere you have it!" Third let out a boisterous, maniacal laugh, a high pitched squeal that made everyone cringe, "Zhe only vun who can be called fazher in her eyes, is me! Und* vhat does a loyal daughter do?" he placed a gentle, cold hand on her exposed shoulder, making Alaska look to him with a complacent gaze.

         "Alaska," her step father called gently, feeling a heavy weight descend on his shoulders as she looked to him, and the invisible blade tip deepened in his skull as her blank stare turned to one of hate.

         "Vhat vould you have done once I became useless?" she questioned, and America stilled, barely being held up by Russia and Japan.

         "Baby girl," he pleaded for the pain to stop, "You never, were useless in my eyes."

         "Lies!" she declared, "Sew-vards folly, dhat vas my title! I had nodhing you vanted but y-and, dhat vas dhe initial dhought," tears evaporated once again from her cheeks, never to meet the ground, as blisters appeared on her face, "Dhen 1902, aside from some meat ah-nd furs, oil. Suddenly gold, precious metals, but did you care about dhe vun who you took it from?"

         "NO!" 

Everyone stared at America's outburst as tears filled his eyes, glasses having been thrown to the ground in his anger at himself.

         "I didn't care!" His tears fell to the ground, watching as Alaska took a step back, surprised at this sudden show of pure regret, and love, "I didn't care even after World War Two! You were the only State to see battle, the only State to feel your people be slaughtered and I didn't care! I gave so little to help you. You had the chance to leave me, yet you didn't. even after ignoring you for so long then. I can imagine Third told you of being able to take revenge on your father, but you refused even that."

U.K. smiled softly, proud that his son was able to admit this. He for sure, could never, even now.

         "I don't... You..." he sighed, wiped stray tears from his cheeks, and picked up his glasses, though he didn't place them back on his face. He looked back up at the woman, seeing her unsure. Unsure what to think or unsure what to do, he didn't know. Taking one last deep breath, America said what pained him, "I don't deserve you, as my State. You- You deserve better."

     A tense silence. Third looked to his protégé. What a speech that was, but was it enough to sway her from their plan? Said female was silent, not a finger did she lift in response, and it worried everyone. Some response was better than no response, and she seemed to want to make it worse as Alaska brought a shaking finger to her blackened lips, expression morphing from one of uncertainty, to a twisted smile, a practiced grace to her change in attitude, white eyes holding a sick joy to them. Her laugh made the skin of every Country within hearing range prickle, so joyful, so twisted... even Third couldn't help but become a little worried as her head began to rest on his shoulder. He felt the heat from her burning North Star as it singed his hat.

         "Vhat a show, dear America," she twittered, "Спасибо**, for your patronage."

     A shot rang out, and America fell.

--------------------

* Und - and (German)

** Спасибо - Thank you (Russian)