He's Fine

"Where's Canada?" America questioned as he sat down at their table, "Didn't he say he'd be here this time?"

No one wore their coats anymore, the harsh winter had turned into a glorious summer! Japan decided to make the most of it and choose a wonderous garden where greens and browns littered the view, not quite ready to give out the precious colors of flowery blooms yet. The pavilion provided shade from the warm sun, not that the group needed protection since they all welcomed the gentle rays of gold God had bestowed to the Earth's populace.

         "He hasn't cancelled," Japan looked to her phone, "unlike the last... five times," she sighed at that, "It's still not like him though..."

Everyone nodded, Germany making a comment in his native toungue that no one understood, which made him roll his eyes as he waved it off as nothing.

         "I find it oddly suspicious," Russia stated, earning a 'no duh, Sherlock' from America, which resulted in a small fist fight that Germany had to split up, with the help of Japan and the just-so-happened-to-pass-by Philipines. When the two were properly separated, Japan bowed in thanks to Philipines before he left with a wave and a smile, glad his brother Martial Law taught him something that was useful. The two now pouting Countries were back at the table.

         "Heard anything from Alaska then?" Japan questioned her trade partner, to which America gave a small nod.

         "She's called a few times. I thought it was to pick her up or something, but she always said 'no'. I'm a little vexed at how quiet she's been though."

         "Y-ike you noticed before hah-nd," Russia huffed, earning a slap upside his head from Germany, forcing the Ushanka to the ground.

America growled.

         "Maybe Canada is working through some political troubles," Japan offered, "Everyone has those times."

America's phone made a PING, startling him as he realized who it was. Quickly yanking it from his back pants pocket, the Country frowned.

        "He's not coming. Something about... political unrest."

         "Are you buying it?" Russia sat back up, dusting off his signature head covering before placing it back on his bare head.

         "He hasn't lied before," America reasoned, "I don't think he has it in him..."

         "Your fadher also didn't zhink you had it in you to revolt and dump an entire shipment of tea over zhe harbour." Germany noted with a huff, folding his arms over each other.

         "That was different," America pointed an accusing finger, "I couldn't even support myself taxes were so high."

         "Sounds y-ike a certain State," Russia glared at his rival.

         "First of all, Alaska doesn't have taxes like I did! The only exceptions being liquor, legal marihuana, Federal tax, and a few others."

         "Marihuana is legal there?" Japan marveled.

         "She plans on changing zhat to an extent," Germany clarified, "she hates zhe smell."

         "I vasn't speaking of her non-existent taxes," Russia huffed, "A-yaska had enough troubles vith dhe constant raising of food prices in general! You vwere starving her! Not to mention dhe over-use of her oil reserves!"

         "That was none of your business! What are you, spying you communist?!"

         "If some-vun vas paying attention, you vould have heard her list of greivances during dhe second meeting!"

         "BOYS!" Japan screeched, earning both their attention as she stood up, making the table shake as her fists connected with it, "instead of arguing like your going to start another war, cold or not, I suggest we find out just exactly what is going on."

Everyone stayed quiet, Germany having occupied himself with a book he brought along. This wasn't his affair.

         "Now," she let her knuckles glide across the metal table as she put the rest of her weight on her feet, "Either we could split up, and see how both Alaska and Canada are doing, or we could all go to one house."

     It was decided that they all go to Canada's house first, much to Russia's disagreement, but if Canada was truly experiencing political unrest, he may need the moral support. America sure did during his infamous Civil War. Since Germany was the only one without heightened emotions, or at least he looked it, they used his ring, knowing that his mind wouldn't wander to other things. The group of four stepped onto the front lawn of Canada's very large log cabin, no where as quaint as Alaska's. It's logs gleamed in the sunlight, tints of red and white framing it's glory.

It was oddly silent.

     America headed straight for the door, hoping his little brother wasn't tearing apart like he almost did all those years ago. Germany stopped him.

         "It is probably locked."

America laughed.

         "He's to trusting."

So the door was opened.

Still, silence.

The group travelled through the open living room, leaving small tracks of water behind from the misplaced puddle on the front step. Japan mumbled something about a horror movie, Russia resisted the erge to check the fridge, and Germany admired the architecture. Meanwhile America was looking frantically through the first floor for his little brother.

         "Canada?" He had no clue why he was whispering.

         "Perhaps he's-" Germany was interrupted by a crash from the second story of the house, a familiar yet foriegn sound of glass, alerting the Countries as they started running up the stairs, failing to take note of the trail of water that only went one way.

     Each searched a room for the source of the eerie sound, finding each bed of Canada's States empty, and Canada's in disarray. This alarmed America the most, knowing how tidy his brother was.

         "Where have we not checked?" Japan questioned, and all became silent, having the same idea: Listen.

All came to the same conclusion: it was far to quiet.

         America sighed, about to go out when Germany stopped him with an arm. The red, white and blue Country was going to protest, but the German put a finger to his lips before pointing toward the one door in Canada's room. The master bath. The light was on, and a long trail of water seemed to try and hide beneath the door. Everyone slowly inched forward, the first to take the nob being America as he forced the building saliva down his throat. All peered in as the door swung. No one made a sound at what greeted them.

--------------------

The picture above was made by me using colored pencil! It is the transition/corruption of Russian Empire to USSR.