All Grown up

America said goodbye to his second youngest, their little meeting done after a mere half hour. He didn't have it in him to ask her to stay for longer, knowing she was always busy on Mondays, and Alaska was grateful. 

Ten whole years. Ten whole years of freedom, of fresh air and room to grow. Ten whole years free of abuse and neglect. She savored every moment of it, even with the small skirmishes she would have to break up. Iran and Iraq were at each others throats quite often, like bickering brothers, and the blue and gold woman was the only one gutsy enough to break them apart, knowing their tendency to join each other if someone interfered. Instead they back down, knowing this newest Country's might. Turkey and Russia always had some sort of bone to pick, and the larger Country would often ask her to take his side. Of course, she took neither, and made her own play that would stop the two's battles. 

She loved her misfit family.

         "Ah, Alaska!"

The taller woman turned, smiling as she saw China jog her way.

         "What are you looking for me for this time Chai-tea," she chuckled, having caught the nick-name from America, to which the shorter Country sighed, hating it, but not minding the sound coming from her lips.

         "I was hoping you may have some time later tomorrow," he began his offer, "The children are becoming restless, wanting to have another playdate with your own. Is there an available time?"

         "Always for you, China," she nodded, ripping a piece of paper from a small notebook in her pocket. She wrote a time after a moment of thought, handing the frail piece to the shorter man, who took it with care, "I will warn you, Uno is grounded, so Xinjiang might feel left out."

         "I believe the others will include her," he nodded, thanking her for her time, before leaving, barely able to wait for the next day. He cared for the woman more than he believed he could. She kept her natural ways, albeit her native's traditions were eroded upon by America and Russian Empire. He admired her and how she was able to keep her forests lush and green, barely any animal was endangered in her land, and pollution didn't seem to exist... Oh how he wished he could bring that back in his own people, but he was far to dependent by now. He loved Alaska for who she refused to be, who she refuses to change into. He loved her for her natural self.

But boy was the woman clueless when it came to others affections.

     She didn't play favorites, no matter what the other Countries tried, and it hindered her sight of genuine feeling toward her from another. What the others didn't take into consideration, was that she never became a Country to be with someone for what life she could live, she became a Country to simply be alive, independent, and herself. A love life never crossed her mind. None of the Boroughs made jabs at how often China came over, no embarrassing moments of one calling him 'father' or 'dad'. It was simply 'Mister China', or 'Emperor China' if they were being silly. They were happy with their mother figure.

         "Ireland," the woman called, looking a little cross when she saw him, which made the man flinch as he turned, wary of her sharp teeth. Though they were slowly dulling and forming back to her winter pearls as fall enveloped them, they were still menacing.

         "Oi' there," he chuckled nervously, "Uh... now 'bout tha' shipment-"

         "You're a month late," she glared, towering over the man, arms crossed, "First it was something wrong with the cargo ship, then the container was dropped, and of course, the ever so famous one 'you forgot due to business'. Either you get that shipment on my shores or on my runways within the next week, or your precious Drunken Salmon is no more."