➺ The Light In Your Eyes {Giyuu Tomioka}

« Let the light shine out of the darkness

« Let the light shine out of the darkness. »
-

Steady and soft, each raindrop kissed your cheeks. The grass becomes glossy, reflecting the light, a new bright shine to their wands, softly waving in the breeze. The pitter-patter of the rain creates a shield around you, however, this wasn't the time to enjoy the rain.

"Don't try anymore [Y/N]."

"P-please Giyuu. Please reconsider... it wasn't your f-fault." The tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down your face. Your walls, the walls that held you up, making you strong just... collapse.

Giyu turns around and looks back at you. His sorrows. Bitter. Unforgiving. Pain. His shell was as hallow as his blue orbs. Oh, how you missed his light-filled eyes.

"Don't cry. Don't succumb to sorrow. This is my own choice. Now go back [Y/N]."

You told him you loved him. You said that you cared. Instead, he pushed you away. He left you with a heart that aches in your chest. The urge to cry comes and goes, chaotic, powerful, spilling hot tears.

"I'm sorry [Y/N]."

7 Year Later

All that training wasn't for nothing. You were known for being a merciless killer of demons. Many demons flee when they find out it is you who they had encountered, knowing that they wouldn't stand a chance against you. As the Star Hashira, you were greatly respected and looked up to.

One early morning, you were called down to headquarters to learn about your next. You were unsure of the details, but it was probably about another demon incident that needed to be taken care of.

"[Y/N] [L/N], I'm glad you could make it." Oyakata-sama gave you his gentle smile that eased you up. As you got on your knees to bow, the corner of your eyes caught the sight of a familiar mismatch haori.

"Giyuu Tomioka." He didn't even glimpse at you. I guess he has really forgotten all about you.

"There have been multiple demons sighted at a nearby farm that has been causing troubles lately. The farmer has been sending many complaint letters about the demons so I would like you both to deal with them quickly."

Ubuyashiki turns around to disappear into the manor, leaving you and Giyuu alone together.

"We better start heading there if we want to make it in time." Giyuu looked into your [E/C] eyes for a slight second before sharply turning away and walked away. You could feel his warmth robbed from him. It hurt you emotionally that he was still suffering. Softly sighing, you trail behind him during the whole way there. No one spoke a single word as you continued your journey to the farm. Everywhere you turned had rice fields covering the land, it started to become a dull sight. You continue to look around until you're met with an obstacle that you bump into.