➺ Stay True {Toktio Twins}

Requested by @lonely_person1« Things are never quite scary when you've got a best friend

« Things are never quite scary when you've got a best friend. »

Kimetsu no Yaiba Academy AU

-

It all started when you and the Tokito Twins entered middle school. You stuck together throughout the first year and hung out a lot. They joined the Shogi Club while you joined the Drama Club. Saying they were good at Shogi was untrue as they were insanely good, and never once been beaten before. If you had to choose who was better than the other, it would be hard as they'd always have a tie score. Muichiro was at 25 wins and 25 losses, and Yuichiro was also at 25 wins and 25 losses.

When you entered your 2nd year of middle school along with the twins, their popularity within the school was clear. They had girl admirers and even boy admirers. Those who did not admire, envied them for their popularity. It was fun at first, always trying to run away from the crowd of people, but as time went on, it became purely annoying. You couldn't even have a peaceful lunch with them without having to flee from the mass of people.

Gradually, you started to distance yourself from the twins. You felt so out of place when you were around them. They were popular while you were just there, doing your thing.

You started going home a different route to avoid them, and when they would talk to you, you wouldn't make eye contact with them. It was the only thing you could do. You even stopped calling them by their nicknames and started calling them by their real names.

"[Y/N]-chan! There you are, where were you?" Yuichiro waved you over as Muichiro followed from behind.

"A-Ah Yuichiro, I was cleaning up the classroom," you gazed at your shoes, trying to avoid their eyes. "I-I have to go now!"

You ran past them with your fist clenched. Yuichiro was about to stop you but just watched as you ran away from them. Did he do something wrong? Why were you avoiding them?

"Have you noticed how [Y/N]'s been ignoring us?" Yuichiro asked his brother, Muichiro.

"I don't know... maybe she needs space?"

"Maybe..."

The blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds that drifted lazily in the gentle breeze. You decided to walk home using the path that you used to take with the Tokito Twins. It was much faster than the route you had to take to avoid them. Since they were at their Shogi Club meeting, you didn't have to worry about bumping into them.

I hope they don't hate me for avoiding them.

Just when you were about to turn a corner, you see Muichiro standing in front of you.

"[Y/N]."

"M-Muichiro? What are you doing h-here? Don't you have a Shogi Club meeting?" You took a step back at his sudden appearance. He continued to look at you with an unfrazzled demeanour.

"Why do you keep avoiding us?" Muichiro asked.

"W-Wha-"

Before you could finish your sentence, he had already grabbed your hand. "Let's go somewhere else to talk. Yuichiro is waiting for us."

Muichiro gently dragged you towards the Tokito estate. You tried to pull away, but his grip was too strong and you reluctantly follow him.

"We're back." Muichiro kept his grip on your hand and walked through the shoji doors.

Before you knew it, you were sitting in front of the Tokito Twins and being served tea. You stared at your lap while you felt their piercing gaze.

"So [Y/N]... do you hate us? Is that why you're avoiding us?" Yuichiro crossed his arms and tapped his fingers against his forearm.

You looked to the side while biting your lips. "No."

"Did someone threaten you? Tell us who it is, we'll beat them up! Right, Muichiro?" Yuichiro looked at Muichiro who was nodding his head profusely.

"W-Wait don't do that! I chose to avoid you, no one threatened me. So please don't beat anyone up."

"But why?" Muichiro gave you an inquiring look. They both stared into your eyes for an answer.

"U-Um well..."

"Well?"

"I don't hate you. It's just that... you guys are so popular and I feel so out of place. We can't even have lunch together peacefully without your fangirls mobbing us."

"Ohh, so that's why!" Tokito exclaimed. "I'm glad you don't hate us though, it would've been horrible if you did."

"I miss your presence," Muichiro quietly mumbled out. "I'm sorry for not noticing sooner..."

"I'm sorry too, [Y/N]. Please forgive us," Yuichiro bowed his head with Muichiro.

"It's fine, really guys. It's not a problem." You motioned for them to lift their heads.

"I think I have an idea on how we can avoid the fangirls," Yuichiro announced.

You and Muichiro looked at both of each other before looking at Yuichiro quizzically. "An idea?"

The next day at school, you and the Tokito Twins decided to eat lunch on the roof of the school. As you walked towards the roof of the school, you looked at Yuichiro, confused about why he was bringing so many brooms.

The three of you finally arrive on the roof, and on cue, fangirls start following from behind. But before they could enter the roofing area, Yuichiro slammed the door shut and secured it with the many brooms he brought.

"There, now they can't disturb us."

"So that was your grand plan?" Muichiro asked.

"Yep! Great, isn't it?"

"What if they break through?" You eyed the door suspiciously as the fangirls thumped behind it.

"I'm sure 15 broomsticks are enough to keep them at bay," Yuichiro said and took out his bento. "Now we can eat together in peace!"

Muichiro nodded profusely and took a bite of his bento.

It was good to be together in peace after all this time. The sound of laughter echoed through the air as the three of you happily chatted away. It was the only thing you could hear - other than the banging of the doors, of course.

-

i like really suck at updating, i'm sorry 😔
this one-shot was shorter too. i wasn't sure how to compile it, but i did it and it didn't turn out that bad