➺ Solace {Muzan Kibutsuji}

« You belong to me

« You belong to me. All rights reserved. »

-

If only you had listened to him, your partner wouldn't have suffered. If only you had not left him, many innocent lives would've been spared. But you chose to leave. The damages were irreversible, and it was because of you. The pungent smell of iron wafted through the air. Your partner lied helplessly in front of you, fighting to stay alive. Body trembling, mouth agape, you wanted to run to your partner's side, but your legs wouldn't budge. You couldn't move. His words controlled you. As much as your mind tried to resist, your body would always give in to him. "Tsk, tsk, if only you had chosen to stay, my dear. This wouldn't have happened."

Days before

Living forever isn't fun. Everyone you love dies eventually, leaving you alone. But with your immortality, you've sworn to become a demon slayer and sought out vengeance against your ex-lover, Muzan Kibutsuji. Yes, this man was your lover, now ex-lover. It wasn't exactly a lovey-dovey relationship. More toxic if you had to describe it. Muzan thought of you as a possession. Something he earned. You were not permitted to leave his side, ever. He controlled you. One day, he went on a business trip and you took this chance to escape. You were finally free from his grasp. He took everything away from you and now, you will take everything from him. So you decided to work with the people he despised the most. Demon slayers. The only person who knew of your relationship with Muzan was Kagaya Ubuyashiki. Even though you have lived longer than him, your respect and loyalty for him are unquestionable. Sharing the same goal, to destroy Muzan Kibutsuji, you have worked with the Demon Slayer Corps for many years. 

"What do you think Oyakata-sama called us here for?" You asked the boy who stood beside you. His face displayed no emotion whatsoever.

"I don't know." He blankly responded. By now, you were used to his detached persona. You softly sigh as you waited for your Oyakata-sama to appear.

"I'm sorry to keep you both waiting." A gentle, soothing voice called out. You turn your head back to the front to see Oyakata-sama. Both of you quickly got down to your knees and greeted your master.

"I am pleased to see you in good health, Oyakata-sama."

"Thank you Y/N. Now onto the reason why I called you here." His calm demeanour put you at ease. It was different from Muzan's ruthless nature. It was a nice break from Muzan's constant domineering and manipulative behaviour.

"We have sent many slayers to Yahakumo where there were people were dying rapidly, presumably from a demon, but they have never been seen or reported back. It is unusual and I would like you two to investigate. [Y/N] [L/N] and Giyu Tomioka."

"Understood Oyakata-sama. We will check it out right away." You replied.

"Then this meeting will now conclude." Kagaya turned around, and with the help of his daughters, returned to the mansion.