➺ Drowned in Words {Kyojuro Rengoku}

Requested by @redlaserartist« Stupid me thinking I was good enough

« Stupid me thinking I was good enough. »
-
It was the time of the year where many demon slayers were sent invitations to a training camp. These slayers had the opportunity to be trained by the Hashira's, a golden opportunity. You were familiar with the Pillars since you were close friends with Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Pillar and was often around headquarters. You reminisce about the first time meeting all the Hashira's. It was such a terrifying moment, it was like you were gonna pass out. You were just conversing with Kyojuro until suddenly all of the Hashira's appeared. They were apparently all called to the headquarters for a meeting and you just happened to be there. You could feel chills travel down your spine when you turned around and saw them. They were intimidating indeed. Kyojuro could see that you were distressed and gave you gentle squeeze on the shoulder to reassure you that they won't 'kill' you. Over time, you got to know each Pillar; they enjoyed your company and you enjoyed their company.

"So are you gonna go?" Kyojuro peered over your shoulder to look at the invitation you were holding.

"I'm not sure, what if other demon slayers dislike me? Or worse, hate me?!?" You shudder at the thought.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine. You should go. It's a great opportunity to make new friends and get stronger!" The Flame Pillar chuckled. You looked at him and back the letter. Yeah, maybe this would be a good opportunity.

"Are you attending?"

"Of course I am! I get to see promising newcomers!" His smile grew. Boy was he eccentric about this training camp.

"Okay, I'll go." You scribble a note on the invitation before sending it back with your Kasugai Crow.

Time passed quickly and before you knew it, the training camp was taking place. As you walk towards the front gate of the training camp, you hear people whispering about you.

"Whoa, she looks so small and weak for a demon slayer."

"I bet she begged her way into the corps."

"Do you think she'll even survive this camp?"

"Pssft definitely not."

Ignore it, ignore it. They're just underestimating you. You try to ignore their comments, but their words still linger in your head as you check-in at the registration table.

By the time everyone arrived, the sun was already starting to set. Everybody was gathered at the main halls to find out what was going to happen next.

"Welcome everyone to the 30th annual training camp!" The voice boomed. You turn around to see a man standing at the front of the halls. He didn't seem like a demon slayer.

"Your first session will be located in the Hoseki Forest!" And shortly after that, he disappeared. You hear people grumble as they made their way towards the forest which was known for its naturally made training grounds.