Chapter 9

My eyes widen fearfully when he sighs and climbs out of the bed. However, instead of beginning to search around for the lighter like I'd expected him to, I grow even more nervous when he begins pulling clothes out and tossing them on his side of the bed.

"Kookie, what are you doing?" I whisper fearfully, not entirely certain that I'm even ready for an answer to that kind of question.

"Yoongi, you're giving up and you aren't even letting me help anymore. You can't even tell me what's going on enough for me to figure out what the hell it is that's caused you to start doing this kind of shit again. You've been clean for how long now? Well over four years, Yoongi. Well over four years and you've thrown it all away." Jungkook answers bitterly as he continues pulling clothes out.

"Kookie, please! You know I don't know what I'm doing when this happens! You just... it feels like you keep distancing yourself from me anymore. This new guy suddenly comes into the café and it's like Hobi and I don't even exist to you anymore! You couldn't even tell him that we're together, something that has never bothered you to admit before! Jungkook, I'm fucking scared and you haven't been around as much and you've been spending tons of time with that new kid! I don't know what the hell to do but you know taking that lighter away from me isn't going to help shit!" I yell, growing desperate now. I'm afraid for where this is going and I'm not ready for it.

"Oh, so now you think I'd cheat on you? After we've been together for nearly four years?" Jungkook challenges as he stops what he's doing to glare at me. I can't even move though, feeling completely helpless.

"Kookie, I never said you were a cheater." I whisper, afraid to speak any louder than that at the moment.

"That's exactly what you were just saying you were afraid of, Yoongi!" Jungkook shouts, causing me to flinch.

"Kookie, please. You don't even glance my way when Hobi and I come in if he's already there unless I approach you like I did yesterday. You know me, Jungkook. Why are you being this way?" I mumble, wrapping my arms around my legs as I pull them up to my chest. I can already see where this is going and I truly don't know that I'll be able to make it past this. Jungkook just scoffs though, shaking his head as he pulls out one of his suitcases.

"Clearly we both need a break here. You can't even seem to trust me anymore all because I'd like to have a new friend and I'm not going to waste my time trying to help you when you clearly don't seem to want it right now." Jungkookie mutters in frustration. My eyes widen at this, feeling my heart crack the way it had when I watched the house crumble in on my mother so many years ago.

"Where are you gonna go though? When are you coming back? What about our anniversary on Wednesday?" I whimper, terrified for what's coming. The younger just sighs for a moment though, running a hand over his face before turning to look at me tiredly.

"It's the weekend so I'm just going to call off work and go home. I don't have classes until the afternoon on Monday so I'll be back up in the area by then. I don't know when I'm coming back here though, Yoongi. I really don't know. What's supposed to be our anniversary on Wednesday is the least of my concerns right now. I'll call Jin hyung to have him come over and deal with you for the time being so that you don't do something too fucking stupid." Jungkook breathes out before zipping his bag up and walking out of the bedroom.

I can't find it in me to even get up yet though, the pain in my chest far too much for my weak body to handle at the moment. All I can do is flinch when I hear the front door slam shut before I'm falling to my side on the bed and sobbing my heart out.

All these years... All these years of him knowing this was my greatest fear... of him telling me he would never let that happen, that all it'd ever be is a nightmare...

Yet, just days short of our fourth anniversary and here I am, left alone in our house, in our bedroom, while he leaves to head home and then most likely elsewhere when he returns solely for classes and work. After everything, and I'll probably never get to call him mine ever again, never share the house with him, never get to be close to him ever again. If he's leaving now for what he wants to consider a break from us, I have little doubts over the possibility of him not coming back.

I barely even hear the front door opening up later on, not really realizing anyone else is here until Jin hyung enters the bedroom with a tired but worried gaze. I just sigh though, heaving myself up from the bed before grabbing my phone and the hidden lighter.

"You can sleep in here. I'll take the couch." I manage to mumble out as I make my way over to him. He frowns at this, but doesn't say anything at all, just watching me as I walk past him out of the bedroom and watching me go over to the couch.

Even then though, I end up sobbing my heart out after trying to get as comfortable as possible.