Chapter 17

Yoongi POV

"No, please!" I shout as I jolt upright, breathing heavily. I flinch instantly at the feeling of a hand gently being laid against my back, rubbing lightly in circular motions, not understanding the feeling at all.

"Shhh, you're okay, Yoonie. You're okay. I'm right here."

My eyes widen considerably at the sound, twisting my head around to the side only to find Jungkookie sat on the edge of my bed. I don't even recognize the heavy sob that falls from my lips at the sight, not grasping at what the hell is going on as I begin looking around the room. Though, as I come to my senses that I'm in the hospital, it all begins to sink back in. However, as I recall everything that's happened, I easily grow confused and lost as I look back over to the boy that left not even a week ago.

"What are you doing here?" I ask quietly with a small frown, still confused out of my mind. He grows a hesitant look at this though, worrying me.

"Do... Do you not want me here, hyung? I... I'll leave if that's what you want, baby." Jungkookie murmurs softly, sounding uncertain of himself as he looks down at me. I pout at this weak accusation, shaking my head as I wrap my arms around his waist gently.

"I don't want you to go, Kookie. I just don't understand why you're here. You-you left." I mumble as I lay my head against his chest. Though, I hear a sigh of relief leave his lips at my actions, his arms tightening around me just enough to hold me securely to him.

"Baby, I never said I wasn't coming back. And I'm sorry for leaving, I never should've done that. I just... I got a little lost, baby. I'm so sorry for leaving, Yoonie." He coos gently, pressing a kiss to my head. I cry harder at this, beginning to feel even more guilty for having put him through all of this.

"I'm so sorry, Kookie. I'm so sorry." I cry out quietly, feeling terrible and so fucking guilty for all of this. I tighten my hold around his waist as I begin sobbing, mildly afraid that he'll leave again if I don't hold on tight enough.

"Baby, you have nothing to apologize for. Absolutely nothing to be apologizing for, Yoonie. This isn't your fault, not a single second of it. This my fault, baby. This my fault for all of this happening. Nothing would've happened to you if I hadn't left. I should've been there for you, Yoonie. I should've been there for you and I wasn't. Instead, I made everything worse for you and I'm so so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry for putting you through all of this." Jungkookie murmurs gently, kissing the top of my head a few times. I sniffle quietly at this, looking up at him with my inevitable pout.

"How'd you know I'd be here?" I all quietly growing confused once more. Though, I'm surprised to find tears of his own that are close to spilling over. He gives me a small shaky smile though, shaking his head for a moment.

"Baby, I'm the one who got you out of the damn house. I was coming home tonight, I couldn't take it any longer and wanted to come home so that we could talk things out, so that I could apologize. You already had the house up in flames by the time I got there though." Jungkook whispers gently, placing a hand on my cheek lightly before he begins dragging his thumb across my skin there softly. My pout only worsens at that, feeling even worse now at this information. Letting my head flop back against his chest once more, I begin sobbing all over again. Though, as realization sets in, panic quickly begins to arise. Pulling away from the younger worriedly this time, I can already feel my lips trembling. He gives me a warm smile though, stuffing his hand into one of his pants pockets before I can even ask my question.

Relief floods my body when he pulls my lighter out, handing it over easily. My eyes widen when he doesn't even so much as give me a poor look, doesn't remotely fight me on having the lighter. Before I can even stop myself, I'm launching myself towards him and wrapping my arms around him once more, sobbing my heart out all over again.

"I'm so sorry for fighting you over something as little as your lighter, Yoonie. I know how much that means to you and I never had any right to be asking you to hand that over to me, I had no right to be trying to take that from you. I'm sorry, baby." Jungkook says, still wearing a small smile.

I whimper at his apology, not caring too terribly much about any of that anymore, just glad to have him back and to be able to hold him again.