Prologue

Three years.

Three excruciating years.

For three years, since Izuku's last year of middle school, he's been in love with his childhood bully.

For three years, he's been in love with someone who doesn't love him back.

For three years, he's been coughing up orange rose petals.

They just keep coming, no matter how much he tries to stop them, they won't go away.

Hanahaki disease.

A disease that will surely kill him, all because he fell in love with someone who will never love him back. His fate is sealed.

The thorns from the flowers will eventually scratch at his throat, blood pouring out with each petal. He's destined to drown in his own blood, petals sprouting from his mouth until his last breath.

He refuses to get the surgery, he'd rather die a painful death than go through the torture of losing all emotions. He won't tell anyone, no one knows, especially Katsuki. He'll die and life will go on without him. That's how it goes.

Katsuki will never love him. The blonde has been telling him to kill himself for years, little did he know that Izuku would be dying soon, and it would be his fault. He couldn't fall in love with Izuku, Izuku's dying because he's too blind to see his own feelings.