Rejection

Izuku whimpered quietly, his whole body shaking violently. He was hunched over on the ground, coughing and choking on the familiar orange flower petals that he's grown used to. Looking down, he stared at the petals strewn about below him, laying in a small pool of blood.

I'm really going to die... He thought to himself as he shakily stood, wiping a few drops of blood off his chin. Hurriedly cleaning up the small mess, he walked out of his bathroom and into his dorm room, letting himself sink to the ground and pull his knees to his chest.

"Why can't I just stop loving you, Kacchan...?" He whispered, a small tear rolling down his face. "Things would be so much easier.. "

Sniffing softly, Izuku wiped his tears with his sleeve, staring at his feet with a blank expression. Shaking his head, he laughed, "I'm so stupid.. " The greenette stood, putting on a smile and exiting his room.

He only made it a few feet before a voice called his nickname, "Deku-kun! "

The boy turned to be met with one of his friends running towards him. Uraraka. "H-hey, Ura.. "

She stopped right in front of him, tackling him in a tight hug. "Where have you been all day, Deku-kun? " The brunette asked, not showing any sign of letting him go anytime soon.

Izuku grimaced, recalling the events from merely five minutes ago. The picture of orange flowers and his own blood filled his mind, a small frown on his face. "Uh.. J-just in my room.. "

The girl nodded, letting go of him and pressing a kiss to his cheek. Izuku raised a brow in confusion, not understanding why she had done it. Uraraka has been dropping hints that she likes him since their first year in UA, yet, Izuku didn't catch on at all.

He would brush it off as her being friendly, nothing else. The boy was too blind to see her feelings towards him. Chuckling awkwardly, he turned away from the brunette, continuing to the elevator. Pouting, Uraraka trailed behind him, eventually walking beside him. She hooked their arms together, smiling happily.

Again, Izuku brushed it off as just a friendly gesture. Walking into the elevator, he pressed the bottom floor. A few moments later, he stepped out and into the common area. Tearing his arm away from the perky brunette, he let her fall onto the couch.

"Izu! " She shouted angrily.

Izuku chuckled, "Sorry, I'm hungry. " The green haired male sheepishly smiled, walking into the kitchen.

He kept his head down until he entered, looking up to see Katsuki scowling, as per usual. He panicked, biting his lip as he felt petals starting to rise in his throat. Swallowing hard, he stepped in front of the fridge. "What the hell are you doing in here? "

Izuku gulped, "J-just getting some food.. " He somehow managed to say.

Katsuki raised a brow at his nervous demeanor, he thought the greenette had gotten over his fear of him. Frowning, he shook his head, pulling out a chair from the table and plopped down into it. Katsuki watched as the boy shakily reached his hand out and opened the fridge, leaning down slightly to look on one of the lower shelves.

The action caused him to give the blonde a full view of his plump rear, who turned away with a slight blush on his face. Fucking idiot.. He thought to himself, glancing back over at Izuku.

Izuku started to hum a soft tune, grabbing out two eggs and setting them on the counter. He turned around to grab a pan, jumping back a bit once he saw Katsuki. "What? "

"I-i thought you left.. " Izuku trained his gaze down, nervously continuing what he was doing. His movements became more timid as he cooked the eggs, looking back at the explosive blonde every once in a while. When he finished, he was about to walk out with his food, but was stopped by Katsuki.

"Where are you going, Deku? "

The boy visibly tensed, "Uh.. I'm going to go eat my food? " He stated as more of a question than an answer.

"Why aren't you eating at the table? " Katsuki didn't know why he was questioning him at all, he was just kind of going with it.

"I-i.. I didn't want to disturb you so I was going to go eat in the common room with Uraraka-san.."

Scowling, the blonde grunted softly in return. He stood, pushing Izuku down into a seat. The greenette squealed at the sudden action, clamping his eyes shut, as he thought he was going to fall. Once realizing his childhood friend only pushed him into one of the chairs, he released a deep breath.

"Eat at the table, you're clumsy as fuck, so you'd probably end up spilling food on the damn couch."

Izuku's throat started to ache and sting, thorns scraping every part of his throat. He swallowed hard, attempting to keep the flowers at bay. "Well, what're you waiting for, nerd? Eat. "

"O-oh, right... "

Izuku cautiously picked up his fork, bringing it to his mouth. He couldn't really taste it, due to the blood in the back of his throat, though. Katsuki was half watching, half attempting to focus on the small sketchbook in front of him. Izuku hadn't even noticed it before.

Looking at what the blonde was working on, he saw a sketch of something similar to his hero costume, but with a few modifications. "W-what are you working on... ? "

He was expecting to get yelled at by the explosive boy, not to get an actual answer. "Trying to modify my hero costume... Can't fucking make it look right.. "

Izuku thought for a moment, "Oh, uh... " He reached out, grabbing the pencil and the sketchbook, sketching something out. "What about this..? " He asked, a nervous smile planted on his face.

Katsuki stared at him for a few moments, startled by his sudden confidence. He shook his head, looking at the drawing. "That's.. Really good, nerd.. "

Smiling sheepishly, Izuku handed him back the book and pencil, going back to struggling to eat. They sat in silence for a while before Uraraka walked in. "Deku-kun."

"Y-yes, Ura?"

She grabbed his hand, a determined look on her face. "Will you go out with me? "

Izuku's eyes widened, "I-i.. W-well... " He sputtered out. With a sigh, he spoke, "I'm sorry, Uraraka-san, I don't like you like that. I've already told you I'm gay.. "

"But.. I really like you! Why don't you like me back? Am I not pretty enough?"

Bakugou scowled, "Hey, pink cheeks, he doesn't like you. Give it up already, he said he's gay. That means he likes guys, since you obviously don't understand."

"Oh shut up, Bakugou! "

"I'm going to go.. " Izuku hurriedly stood, racing out of the room.

Bakugou watched him leave, wearing an expression of pure confusion. Why did he leave so suddenly?

____________________________________

This book is so fun to write! Stay healthy and beautiful my little pups!! Byeeeeeeee!!! 🖤🖤🖤

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes

1193 words