Chapter 2-Severus

"Im a what?" asked Lilly, offended.

"You're a witch," replied the boy, not seeing that Lilly was affrounted.

"Hmph,"responded Lilly. The boy finally understood and looked worried.

"Not like that, I just mean you can do magic, I can do it too, I'm a wizard."

"Oh really," said Petunia, trying to sound adult, "I won't have you putting that nosesnse in my sisters head, c'mon Lill let's get away from this freak." Petunia began to march away, not looking back to see if her sister was following. Lilly lingered by the boy and examined him from head to toe, and finally, deeming him a friend, stuck out her slightly grubby palm and said

"Lilly." The boy took her hand and shook it.

"Severus," he replied.

"Cool name," said Lilly shyly from behind her curtain of hair, which had come out of its plaits.

"Yours too," he responded, "Its like the flower right?"

"Yes, but tell me more about the magic thing, my sister may not believe you, but I do, you can do stuff like that too?"

"Yeah, every witch and wizard can, but you learn to conntrol it at a school called Hogwarts."

"What a funny name," mused LIlly, "how do you know about this stuff."

"My my mom is a witch, she went to Hogwarts."

"Does that mean that my parents are magical?!" asked Lilly, excited.

"No, I doubt it, they're muggles," responded snape, shaking a long curtain of hair in frount of his face, "My dad was a muggle too, but I never met him."

"Whats a muggle?" inquired Lilly curiously.

"A muggle is an ordinary person, someone who can't do magic."

"Oh, cool. Thats sad about your dad though," said Lilly, looking worried, then she jumped in fright as someone tapped her on the shoulder sharply. It was Petunia who had finally noticed that Lilly was gone.

"C'mon Lilly, lets go," said Petunia, "stop talking to this freak." She pulled Lilly by her sleeve away from Severus and marched her down the street. "Do you know who that boy is?" asked Tuny angrily. Lilly shook her head. "He is that Snape boy from Spinners End." Spinners End was a notoriously sketchy street, and the Snapes were known for being the dodgiest family on the block.

"But he seemed perfectly nice." Said Lilly "he told me about a school called Hogwarts that sounded really cool."

"He was lying to you Lilly, c'mon, let's go home." Lilly and Petunia walked home along the tree lined street.

When they arrived Lilly went up to her room and engulfed herself in a large novel. Petunia went and told their mother what had happened at the park, and a minute later was softly knocking on Lilly's door.

"Lil, can we speak for a moment?"

"Of course mummy, what is it?" Asked Lilly, confused.

"Well, your sister told me that you went high on the swings again, you know that is not on. I told you not to do that."

"I'm sorry mummy, it is just so fun," said Lilly sadly.

"I know it is sweety," said her mum, placing a hand on the little girls leg, "but it is very dangerous, you're not to do that again."

"Ok, said Lilly, it won't happen again." Her mum left the room, andl Lilly returned to her novel.