11. Everyone Has A Psychic Bestie

"I'll be right there, Lanie!" I called as I slipped on my sandals. I woke up this morning feeling a lot better than I did yesterday. Even though everything my mom said continued to run through my mind, I wasn't going to let it ruin my good mood. Being with Jackson last night was one of the best nights of my life. And not because of the great sex. I had never felt so ashamed as my mother made me feel.

Not only that, I felt betrayed, hurt, and alone. Confiding in him and seeing that caring side of him made a big difference. No one has ever comforted me like that. I was used to taking care of myself. By myself. I couldn't help but notice, and like, this other side to Jackson. He really cared about what was bothering me and listened to what I had to say.

I'm not going to lie though-- the sex was amazing. Clearly, I wasn't the only one who thought so, either. He was the one who ordered me to be quiet. He was the one who said we could get caught. Turns out, he was the one who needed to be silenced. His moans had gotten louder the faster he fucked me. He kept repeating how beautiful I was, and how good it felt. I had to keep my mouth on his to try to keep us from being heard by someone.

After it was over, I laughed as I warned him, I wasn't going to let him forget it. We didn't go back to our rooms right away. We dressed, then just sat and talked for a while. I kept feeling like there was something bothering him. I told him he could confide in me. I mean, he's sure done his fair share of listening to me vent. But he said nothing was wrong. I wasn't going to push him. If he wanted to talk, I was here.

"Harper!" Lanie groaned again.

"Coming!"

Today was the day that the whole family, extended included, is supposed to spend the day at the beach. There's supposed to be music, games, and an abundance of food. Besides hanging out with my girlfriends, and of course eye-stalking Jackson, I was not looking forward to the small talk.

I was wearing my black laced bikini that hugged my waist tightly. It was paired with my white cover up and black sandals. I put a little bit of waterproof makeup to cover the bruise on my cheek. It wasn't extremely noticeable, but I didn't want to raise any questions. People would probably think that Ryan was abusive, and I didn't want to risk him being blamed for something like that.

I already knew my mother wouldn't apologize for hitting me because, well, that's just how she is. She thinks she's always right and everyone else is wrong. She doesn't realize how much she's killing our relationship.

I walked into the living room and saw that Jamie and Danielle were standing in the kitchen talking and laughing with Lanie.

"Hey girls!"

They all looked at me and Jamie chuckled. "Someone's in a good mood today."

"Seriously," Danielle added, "someone got laid last night." Little does she know. And being now Jackson and I have officially started this sexual relationship, she better stay far away from him.

My cheeks instantly heated. I really had to be more careful. For any reason, if they knew I had sex and knew I wasn't with Ryan the night before, things could go bad.

"I snuck into Ryan's room last night," I said quickly.

"I thought he passed out early?" Jaime asked.

Shit. "He did. I woke him up in a good way," I lied.

They seemed to buy it and started laughing. Except, of course, Lanie. She arched an eyebrow at me, and I sent her a silent signal to not mention anything. I trusted her completely and, knowing her, she was going to question me about this later.