Chapter 6

a few days later
(OUTFIT):

Bella and I walk outside into the freezing rain

Bella and I walk outside into the freezing rain. I shiver slightly but smile anyways.
"Great." Bella mumbled.
I look up as I heard the truck pulling in. I smile at dad hitting the unlock button on my key fob.
"Dad, I can drive myself to school." Bella says walking down the stairs.
I gasped as Bella slipped and fell. I rush to her to help her up with the help of dad.
"You ok Bells?" Dad asked as I clutch her arms holding her steady.
"Ice doesn't help the uncoordinated." Bella says.
"That's why I got you new tires. Oh and Lexie, Jasper just brought your car back about two hours ago. He got your tires changed." Dad says.
"Oh. I forgot he has the extra key." I mumble to myself while carefully walking to my doge charger.

" I mumble to myself while carefully walking to my doge charger

"Thanks dad." Bella says. I look up and smile at them.
I grab out my vibrating phone. I look at the caller ID and it's Alice.
"Yes, Alice?" I ask.
"Can you ask if you can stay for a few days? Please? I want to go shopping." She says.
"Hey, dad. Can I stay at the Cullen's a few days?" I asked.
"Sure. You got clothes over there right?" He asked.
I nodded. "Yeah, Alice I can stay." I say getting into the car.
"Okay. I'll see you at school." she says before hanging up.
I laugh lightly at her antics. I watch dad leave and get down the road in the opposite direction of the school and out of sight.
I turn on the car revving the engine. I quickly back out and speed off to school laughing at Bella's face.
-
"

I gotta go." I say kissing Jasper lightly on the lips as I got off his lap. "Love you. See you guys tonight."
"Love you too, Darlin." Jasper replied chuckling. I quickly head out of the cafeteria and went to the office to sign myself out and then I was off the the hospital.
-
"Hello, Carlisle." I smiled hugging him once I walked into his office.
"Hello, Lexie. Today's a pretty slow day." Carlisle says. "We can just sit here and chat."
I smiled. "Could you tell me the history of doctors. Like what were the doctors like in your time?" I ask.
Carlisle chuckled but started his story.
-
"Come on Lexie. There's been an accident at Forks High School." Carlisle says setting his pager in his lab coat pocket.
We quickly head down the halls to the room.
"I heard the Chief's other daughter was here." Carlisle says.
I went wide eyed but stayed professional.
"Good, Lexie and Dr. Cullen." Dad says.
I walk over to a very shocked and confused Bella. I quickly review the chart. She hit her head. I reach behind her and feel her head.
"You have a nice knot growing back there, but your x-rays show no indication of concussion." I say looking at Carlisle who nodded looking at the chart.
"I'm so sorry, Bella. I'm really -" Tyler Crowley begins but was cut off by dad abruptly closing the curtain.
"It would have been a lot worse if Edward hadn't knocked me out of the way." Bella mumbles. I glance at Carlisle.
"Edward, your boy?" Dad questions Carlisle.
My phone buzzed. I grab it out glancing at it.
"I'm sorry Carlisle but I guess this ends my shift. I got some  shopping to do." I say.
"Alice?" Carlisle asked with a smile.
"Obviously." I giggle walking out of the hospital room while texting Alice.