11.) Robo-Girlfriend

The final bell of the day finally rang, dismissing all the students from their classes. After school, the kids who drive home like to hang in the parking lot and talk before heading home. That's where Max, Xia, and Terry currently are, sitting on a stone wall, people watching.

Their extremely nerdy and dorky friend, Howard, is going around to the popular kids, trying to get them to come to a party he's having this Friday. Ami is following him around, floating above his head curiously.

"Social meltdown," Max comments.

"It's too painful to watch," Terry adds on.

Xia rolls her eyes. "Shame."

"Hey, guys, I think we're lookin' at a packed house on Friday," Howard says, walking up to the three.

"Relax, Howard. Forget the 'A' list. It's degrading. Only politicians chase after people who don't like them," Max says.

"Terry, Max, and I are going to be there. Think of it as quality over quantity. Gotta go. I got some fun planned with grandpa today. Anyway, a small party will be fun," Xia says, standing up and grabbing her things. "See ya." She waves and heads over to her motorcycle. Ami follows beside her.

"Bye," Howard grins with a wave.

"See ya," Max and Terry voice.

Terry watches her leave.

"I appreciate what you guys are saying, but I still want a cool girlfriend like Chelsea or Blade. Or maybe even Xia herself. Actually, nevermind... she kinda scares me. Anyway, then kids would come to me. It's a sign that you're somebody," Howard says.

"Somebody pretty shallow," Max says.

"Shallow but popular," he says, spotting some other popular kids. "BRB." He scampers off after them to invite them.

Terry sighs as Xia goes out of sight and rubs his temples.

"What's with the agitated sigh?" Max questions.

"Max, I'm in trouble."

"What'd you do this time?"

"Ever since the fancy dinner with Xia's family, I haven't been able to get my mind off of her."

Her eyes widen, looking at him in disbelief. "Whoa. Are you saying that you're crushing on her?"

"No!" he shouts. "No, I... maybe? Ugh! I don't know. Max, she was wearing a dress. A hot dress."

"Maybe you have a dress kink?"

"Max."

She shrugs with an amused snort. "Just saying. Maybe you like a dom?"

"Max!"

She laughs. "Oh you know I'm right. Well, how is this any different than when you dated Dana?"

He sighs. "It's... I don't know. It feels different." He rubs the back of his neck in thought.

"Would you want to, you know... kiss her?"

"Max, what I meant by couldn't get my mind off of her that included my dreams."

"Whoa, okay. Wet dreams then already?" Max blinks. "That's... wow."

"I know, and I can't make them stop!" he groans, rubbing his temples. "It's driving me nuts and making me lose sleep."

"Wow, you're in deep, dude."

"Guys! I think I got some more people to come," Howard interrupts them as he rushes over to them.

Max stands up, grabbing her things. "Well, I gotta get going to the library. Gotta get some research in for a class. See ya, guys. We'll talk more about that later Ter."