Chapter 19 ⦔ Winter Creeper

Jack was cold. Well, Jack was colder than he was a minute ago when the rest of his bed was warmed by another body. Jack rubbed his eyes and stretched before collapsing back into the warm bed.

When he looked around the room to see if his lover from the night before had left he saw the man's wallet still on the vanity where they had been hastily thrown the night before. When Jack walked into the lounge he saw the man standing on the balcony in Jack's shorts talking on his phone.

"I'm fine Adelia, how many times do I have to tell you. Mexico is stunning. I needed the sun. Besides the people here are delightful." The man looked Jack up and down with a smirk before he continued to talk on the phone.

The doorbell rang and when Jack opened the door food was wheeled in by one of the hotel workers.

"I ordered us breakfast when I woke up." Said the man Jack now remembered to be Hugo as he walked into the hotel room.

"Who was the woman on the phone? A worried wife?" Snapped Jack as he took a sip from one of the ice coffees on the breakfast tray.

"Don't be jealous. She is my sister. Now I ordered the food so I could feed you breakfast in bed. Of course if not I can go home to my worried wife if you would rather?"

"No! Let's eat. Please." Jack walked over to Hugo and placed a kiss on his bare shoulder. Hugo lifted Jack's head up to his and kissed him slowly before pulling away and placing a piece of mango into Jack's open mouth.

"Let's go back to bed." Said Hugo as he pushed the pliable Jack towards the bed before joining him in the warm covers with a breakfast tray.

Adelia knew her brother was with a man. She could hear it in his voice. He was putting on a show for someone and it defiantly wasn't her. It worried Adelia as Hugo usually went for assholes or one night stands. One night stands would be fine but just not for Hugo. They hurt him as he always got just a little too attached.

Adelia was happy though. Now she had Markus. Before her house was silent and lonely. Now though it was filled with the loud laughs of Markus and his friends. She let him invite over as many people as he wanted and throw plenty of parties.

Markus' friends adored Adelia. She was a perfect cook and the definition of a cool young parent. So long as Markus was happy, healthy, and doing well in school then Adelia was happy for him. It was rare to find a guardian like that.

It was perfect until Adelia got a letter in the mail. It was from the pack next door and apparently Markus was in trouble for telling Adelia about werewolves.

Adelia wasn't the overprotective type. She wasn't the type to try to sort out Markus' problems for his but she was furious. She knew what the punishment was for werewolves who told humans about them and she wouldn't let that happen to Markus.

Tamsyn was bored. Life was often boring. Her best friend had moved halfway across the country and even though they talked most days it wasn't the same. Her coven was boring. Magic was boring.

Being one of the most powerful witches in the world meant there wasn't a lot more to learn. Most witches couldn't do half the things she could do but when you were at the top there was nowhere to go. She had pushed the limits of magic to the end.

Magic wasn't infinite like most things in the world. Once you reached an ability in magic it stopped there. There was no bigger mountain to climb.

"Hey, Tamsyn are you busy?" Asked a frantic Adelia through the phone.

"Never too busy for you babe. What's up?"

"Basically Markus is being accused of telling me about werewolves and you know what they will do if they find him guilty. I can't let that happen to him Tamsyn."

"Chill out I'll be there in a sec." Said Tamsyn before hanging up the phone, throwing on a dress, and teleporting into Adelia's living room.

"It is so nice to meet you." Said Tamsyn after she had hugged Adelia and she hugged Markus. Markus was shocked. Werewolves and witches tried to stay away from each other mostly but being hugged by a witch was a new level of crazy, let alone a very very powerful witch.

The witch, the werewolf, and the human all stormed into the packhouse. It was like something out of a movie. Each one was dressed impeccably and they were all stunning.

"Okay listen here asshats, my name is Tamsyn, as you can probably tell or already know but I am a witch. I told Adelia about werewolves like years before she even met Markus so if any of you fuckers want to punish him for telling a human about werewolves you can't because he didn't. Now, if any of you try to punish him there will be a fight and I will win because I have magical powers and all you have is dogs."

The werewolves looked completely taken aback. Except for Ottilie, she was sobbing in the corner imagining her mate going through the punishment of telling a human. It would destroy her. She would rather die than watch him go through that.

Marcus went over to Ottilie and lifted her out of her seat onto the ground where he softly kissed her. When Ottilie's mother tried to object she found she couldn't talk or move much to Tamsyn's pleasure.

"Oh, and the kids get to be together." Smirked Tamsyn as she watched the mates. She looked down at Alpha Evert who remained calm through the whole show. "Alpha."

"Witch." Smiled Evert knowing she would know he was Adelia's mate.

"Look after her or I will kill you."

"I know." Said the Alpha peacefully before Tamsyn, Adelia, Markus, and Ottilie all left the packhouse, together.