Chapter 8 ⦔ Wisteria

Markus wasn't thinking. He tried to but he couldn't. His wolf had pushed him far into the back of his mind while his wolf went rabid. He had no control over what he did as his wolf called the shots. 

Markus remembered how he became a rogue. He always thought they were dangerous, unhinged, and evil but now he knew. While his wolf had lost his mind he was fine. When their pack was attacked Markus ran. He found a home in no man's land but he lost his wolf. He became violent. 

So while Markus' wolf had been in control. He had attacked many packs and hurt many people. Markus missed his pack and while his wolf was mourning his lost family Markus had to move on. He was fighting his wolf for control but it was impossible. 

His wolf ran them onto some pack's ground. It was dangerous being a rouge on a pack lands. While some packs were forgiving to rogues, helping them back to sanity, other packs would happily slaughter any rogue that dared to come onto their territory without permission. While Markus had managed to find his way out of each pack terriotory he had gotten into but he doubted he would get out of this one.

His wolf was running through backyards and his wolf heard something behind him. As he turned his head he saw them, warrior wolves. This meant one awful thing. The pack had found him. His wolf jumped forwards in excitement over the thought of a chase. Markus had always been faster and swifter than any of his previous pack. So as his wolf outran many pack members. 

Every time a wolf slowed down and stopped or tripped Markus' wolf grinned and only ran faster. However, before he could do anything about it he was running up to a fence. His wolf lept over the fence and all of a sudden he was in front of a woman. Her eyes were such a stunning color and Markus felt his wolf stop, hypnotized by them. 

He felt his wolf pulling back for the first time in years and with minimal effort, he was able to gain control of his own body once again. His wolf lost control. The woman gave him control back. Such a thing was not possible yet Markus didn't mind. He was happy to be able to stop with the pointless attacks and be a wolf again. 

"Oh you poor thing, you look horrible. Come inside and lets book you a vet appointment." Said the woman as she led Markus into her house. Markus wanted to shift but she had a clear scent that screamed human. Since Markus had control he would let the sweet human take care of him. It also meant that in the meantime he would be safe from the pack as they couldn't come steal a wolf from a human without risking alerting her to the fact werewolves exist. 

The kinda woman named him Leo and Markus didn't mind. She was clearly a rich, extravagant woman but Markus didn't mind as the woman was taking care of him. The vet vaccinated the wolf, stiched any wounds up and cleaned him up before the woman took them back to her home. 

Alpha Evert was stressed. There was a rogue living with his mate. Another male that could slaughter her at any minute. Evert had no way to know if Adelia would be safe and it was tearing him up inside. 

"Evert she will be fine. The real question is how did he kill the rogue inside of her." Said the Beta, Levi snapping Evert out of his trance.

"We don't know if that is what happened?"

"Bullshit Evert! You saw as well as I did that when the wolf saw her his eyes changed. The human gained control again because of that woman."

"That woman is my mate Levi so I would suggest using her name and treating her with some respect." Snapped Evert as he stood up towering over his Beta and staring him into the ground. Levi immediately bared his neck in submission to his Alpha. 

"What Adelia can do has never been seen before. Only the wolf's mate and people of great significance to the wolf can give the human the power to overtake the wolf that has gone rogue. This means something. If she can do this with all rogues then this could change the history of werewolves."

"Up the border patrol. I don't want this to be able to happen again." Ordered Evert and the Beta sighed.

"Evert you need to think about this."

"Leave." Unable to disobey his Alpha, Levi left. Levi knew it was a sensitive topic as the girl was his mate but that didn't change things for Levi. This was something serious. 

Alpha Evert looked out of his window to Adelia who was sitting on her backyard furniture with the wolf sleeping at her feet. He didn't care about the bloody rogue he just wanted his mate in his arms. 

Adelia was happy. She had never been a huge animal person but the large wolf she had taken in was a good companion. He had taken to following her around the house being unusually helpful for such an animal. It was nice though. She felt a lot less lonely in the large empty house. 

Markus was dozing when the greatest scent wafted into his nostrils. He got up and followed it quickly to see a girl throwing a ball around with her friends and some of the younger children of the pack. She was perfect in his eyes. She turned around and saw the wolf just as a ball was being thrown at her. She caught it without breaking eye contact with Markus. 

Markus jumped around the garden while the girl smiled at the wolf. They found each other and that was all that mattered. He had his mate and he wanted to shift so they could talk but Adelia was within eyesight. 

"Nice to meet you mate." Whispered the girl before she turned around and threw the ball to her friend with lighting speed. 

"Leo stop bothering the children." Called Adelia so Markus sulked back to Adelia where he watched his mate from afar trying to find a way to be with her.