Chapter 11 ⦔ Etoile Violette

Hugo had one mission. He had to get back to her. There were very few people in the world Hugo loved and she was one of them. It had been years since he had seen her and he missed her. As much as he hated that bloody town he would return. 

As he drove through the streets people stared and he had to reassure himself they were staring at the car not him. The windows were too tinted to see him through anyway. That was the whole point of buying a fancy car. Instead of him, they would stare at the stunning beast he was driving. 

Hugo swerved into the large house and stepped out of the car. Looking around the house made him feel sick to his stomach. He despised the old building that reminded him of a prison. Yet he walked in any way for the woman. If she was there he would walk through the gates of Hell to get her. That's what walking into the house felt like.

Hugo walked in not feeling the need to knock. He thanked God the house had changed. It was clear she had redecorated the place, giving it a new beauty. Filling the old halls with fresh art and the once dark rooms with bright colors. 

"I'm looking for Adelia." Said Hugo as he walked into the living room seeing only a young girl reading on a couch with a wolf curled up at her feet. 

"Is she expecting you?"

"No, but she will enjoy the surprise of my presence in this horrid town." 

"Oh, Hugo." Shouted Adelia as she was walked into the living room. Adelia lept into Hugo's arms hugging him tight while Laila sat there surprised and confused. "It is so good to see you."

"I've missed you Adelia." 

"Laila, I want you to meet my brother Hugo." Said Adelia when she eventually pulled away from the man. 

"Oh, I didn't know you had a brother. Well nice to meet you I'm Laila and the wolf is Leo." 

"Nice to meet you too Laila and Leo. If you ever need anything give me a shout. I will be staying for a while." Laila shivered at the look in Hugo's eyes when he said "If you ever need anything" like he would truly hurt and kill for them. Never the less it made Laila feel like someone had her back and that was useful when you were in a pack of wolves. 

It was weeks later and Hugo had settled into life at the house. He would wake everyone up with a warm breakfast, help Laila clean the house, Hugo would then disappear until it was time for him and Adelia to make dinner and dessert.  

Adelia was delivering everyone's washing to their rooms one afternoon when Hugo had disappeared when Adelia heard a noise. Adelia watched from the crack in the door to one of the many rooms in her house when she saw a boy. Adelia had questions. Why was a boy in her house? Who was said, boy? Why was the boy shirtless? 

Adelia felt a squeak from one of the floorboards below her. A heavy breath escaped Adelia's mouth and before she could properly compose herself, Adelia watched the boy quickly melt away into the wolf she knew as Leo. Adelia covered her mouth in order to stop any sounds that might unwillingly escape it. 

The once neatly folded washing was left in a pile on the floor as Adelia realized what she just witnessed. Adelia had accidentally opened her doors to two teenage werewolves. Adelia called her best friend, Tamsyn, Adelia's favorite witch. Adelia needed someone to drink with and since her brother was away and as a guardian it would be irresponsible to drink with minors so Adelia made some cocktails while she waited for Tamsyn to arrive. 

Adelia questioned what to do about the poor boy living in her house. After a long drunken conversation with Tamsyn, Adelia knew what to do. Nothing. Adelia would do nothing. Adelia was happy and Leo was happy so there was no point making the poor boy stress when Adelia could easily keep what she saw to herself. 

When Laila moved into Adelia's home she had done it for one simple reason, to escape her nosy pack members. While yes, Laila got the peice and quite she deserved from her pack, living with Adelia gave Laila's Alpha a fabulous excuse to be around Adelia.   

Laila wasn't stupid. She knew when she was being used and she doubted Alpha Evert's sudden interest in Laila's wellbeing was for Laila. Instead, Alpha Evert got the joy of being in his mate's house and his mate's presence by visiting Laila every few days. 

It was one particular morning when Evert was over giving Laila a summary of what she was missing in the pack when she made a choice. Laila would not be used anymore.

"I've decided to move back into the packhouse." Snapped Laila, interrupting Evert as he was droning on about the latest pack news.

"Why?"

"I miss my Mother and I should see more of her." Lied Laila and even though Evert knew it was a lie it was clear he couldn't call her up on it.

"Very well, I can have you moved in by some of the pack members tomorrow."

While Laila went to explain her leave to Adelia and call her mother Alpha Evert was devastated. He had lost him one connection to his mate. Every part of his being longed for her and every single love song and every single book, movie, and tv show reminded him of Adelia. He simply couldn't escape her and he couldn't be with her. 

Hugo watched on from a window as Alpha Evert helped Laila move her things out of their home and back into the packhouse. Hugo's chest tightened while his hand were clenched tightly into fists. How dare he? Who does Evert think he is breaking up their happy family? Hugo vowed to get Laila back into the home where he, Adelia, Laila, and Leo could once again be a family. Hugo wouldn't let that man do this.