¹2

*-_☆

𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲, 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝

𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲, 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝. Sasuke Uchiha ran, the muddy group sucking on to his every step. He was so close, the smell of blood could already be smelt. Itachi's blood.

A slick sword resided in his hand, dried flakes of crimson chipping off. Only a few short hours ago he had killed the venomous Sanin. It was right to wait, but Sasuke couldn't help but regret not killing him sooner.

Now he was able to kill Itachi, get Mio back. It was all falling into place.

Breathlessly his chest heaved, scowling his pace to a stop. With determined eyes the ninja looked upon the grey unbleached building. If he was right (and when was he ever wrong?) Then Jugo should be housed within.

The first few drops of rain fell to his skin, spotting the building a darker shade. Unphased Sasuke slipped into the building, into the doorways reaching shadows.

=

Itachi sat next to mio in the hideouts small living room. The couch was squeaky and slightly ragged, but unarguably comfortable, the Uchiha found himself almost lulled to sleep.

From the corner of his eye he watched the kunoichi scratch at her leg. Something was bother her, perhaps it was Deidara, or perhaps it more than that.

Slowly her head turned to him, turmoil in her charcoal orbs. "I need to leave" she whispered, weary of eavesdroppers. "I need to get out of her" her voice hardened, fingers clawing into her pant leg.

Itachi remained still, wordless and as it always had, his presence annoyed her.

"Aren't you listening?" She growled, leaning towards him, point curls of her hair tickling her cheeks. "Tell me how to get out!"

His eyes fell into a dissatisfied glare, "it's not that easy, don't go risking you life. You don't know what you're up against". Itachi knew about Madara, about the akatsuki's truth.

"Then tell me".

The Uchiha male merely shook his head, looking away from her. It wasn't her business.

"I'll just get out myself then" Mio snarled, lifting from the couch and angrily exiting the room. She couldn't stay in this dingy hideout any longer. Deidara's presence had made this stone tomb bearable, but now even he was gone.

Her fist clenched, slamming against the stone. The breath rushed from her mouth as she drew the hand to her chest, bloodied fingers staining her clothes. Electric spikes of pain jabbed up her hand from the now broken fingers.

A quiet gasp left her lips, the kunoichi bit her tounge hiding tears. Then, with a deep breath Mio let her mouth hang loose and eyes stare dead into the wall.

You've lost everything, what's one more thing to add to the list. Nothing- n o t h I n g.

Mio straightened her back, shaking her arms. Everything was fine.

"Fine" a voice licked from beside her, "I'll help you".

She glared up at Itachi, a snarl ripping past her teeth. "I don't need your pitty".

The Uchiha male sighed, "then take my kindness" his motives might have been driven by her mini breakdown, but they were ment with only the best intentions.

"Fine" she glared, "but you owe me a favor".

Itachi rolled his eyes pushing past her, "follow me". If he was going to get her out then their plan couldn't be devised in the open where all could hear.

Mio had made herself comfortable, she had been in her fellow Uchiha's room for over an hour. The kunoichi was growing tried and a repeating yawn slipped past her lips every few minuets.

"Are you listening?" The male, stopped the flow of his tangent sentences to glare at her.

Unphased the ravenette rolled onto her back, arms resting under her head. "Just continue".

Itachi rolled his eyes, "I'm not letting your poor listening skills be the reason we both get killed" his death was already reserved.

"Itachi" she drawled, tilting her head to look him in the eye, "have you ever seen me ruin a plan?"

The man shook his head slightly, "too many times to count". He had never seen her not complete a mission or plan victoriously, but with her temper the kunoichi often strayed from directions.

Mio huffed, sitting up. The edges of her choppy hair licked against her skin. "Don't complain, I get them done, don't I?"

Itachi looked to the rooms corner, a string of cobwebs slung from the darkened stone. She had no idea who was hiding in Akatsuki or any the remaining members capabilities.

"Ok" he finally rasped with a long blink. "Let's go".

With a reckless smirk Mio Uchiha raised, a cloak of darkness swirled around her in a dark aura. There was nothing that could conspire to the adrenaline rush she felt.

As he peered to her from the side Itachi could pure euphoria in her eyes.

It was there that they warped away, a swirl of raven's wisping where they had stood just moments before.

×

Hello lovelies, I have no excuses for a late update, I've had 3 snow days and one mental health day from school, but I'm feeling extra motivated now so ima try to chop some chapters out now.

I've been hinting on maybe, possibly making another book- thoughts on maybe a Madara book based in Shippuden? Idk.

Also this is unedited, so sorry for mistakes!