¹6

🌟

𝐌𝐢𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧

𝐌𝐢𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧. Her back ached from sleeping once again on rocky earth and all the kunoichi could dream of was a pillowy bed.

With a sigh she stood, rotating and cracking her joints before looking around their surroundings. Almost immediately Mio's eyes caught on Sasuke.

The raven haired male slept soundly, smudges of dirt on his clothes from their journeys, he looked almost to peaceful. Even if the two had only just reacquainted a day (or maybe two?) Ago it did not mean their world was all sunshine and rainbows.

Infact, it was quite a ways away from that.

Both Uchiha had a different opinion on what to do. Mio wanted to find Danzo whereas Sasuke wanted to find Itachi and neither were willing to give in. As a result the two remained virtually in the same spot as they were originally in which just so happened to be closer to Konoha.

Mio sighed, pulling a hand down her face with an irritated sigh. Her tired eyes peeled away from her lover and to the trees where strings of darkness tied an ominous web.

From the corner of her eye a wispy, ghastly image of Danzo tettered by a dark barked pine. He looked the same as he had years ago, the same sunken face and smug expression.

The kunoichi's stance hardened, she knew his image was fake, that her ashy eyes were stringing webbed lies upon her sight, but still, Mio couldn't help the way her stomach bubbled.

Slowly as if she were a lion stalking prey the kunoichi crept towards the shadowy form. The ravenette's heart pounded as she grew near scared the doe might slip between her claws.

Yet Danzo remained still, paying no notice her the girls approach.

A growl slipped from deep within Mio's chest as she ramed into the old man, pushing him to the dirt. Her hands wound around his wrinkly neck squeezing with no remorse or hesitation.

With sly eyes the man merely sneered at her, his image fading away, leaving Mio to sit on the cold ground.

Behind the kunoichi a newly awoken Sasuke approached on quiet toes. His hands slipped over her shoulders to fold in a hug as he squatted behind her.

"Did I miss something" he dryly joked with a risen brow.

Wordlessly Mio shook her head, the tendrils of dark hair ruffling against his skin.