xxvi

"Sleeping beauty"

♤♤♤

The raven haired kunoichi would next awaken a week later. If it were up to her she would have never fallen asleep at all.

Yet the hospital staff thought it more beneficial to medically induce her in a coma. It seemed to be the fastest way to heal her wounds. After all Mio could never sit still.

"Goodmorning sleeping beauty" a nurse spoke, entering a room holding her chart. Mio had already started ripping the tubes out of her arms and was halfway out the window.

Without a word in response she was gone, leaving the billowing curtains behind.

She found herself back home- or well, Sasuke's home. It felt almost right to be back there. Yet when she arrived he was no where to be found.

Slightly saddened the kunoichi huffed, leaning on his bedroom doorframe. Where had he gone?

It was the growl of her stomach that snapped Mio from her endless train of thought. Approaching the kitchen the ravenette grabbed a frying pan from the drying rack.

The heavy object felt foreign in her hand. Mio still had no concept on how to cook. Still, she placed the pan the stove, flicking the flames on. Next she slid to the fridge where after a  while of probing eggs were found.

Picking up the whole carton Mio placed it by the stove, grabbing two and staring at them. She had seen Sasuke do this many times before- crack the egg, place it on the pan and bam- omlete!

Her eyes shifted to the counter where her hand smashed down the eggs in an attempt to crack them. From the pressure they immediately shattered on impact, splattering raw egg on the surrounding area.

With a huff Mio wiped egg whites from under her eyes, it was grossly slimy. An angry glare was now plastered on her face, eggs were weak.

Again the kunoichi grabbed two eggs and slammed them onto the counter, this time with a little less pressure. Still, it was too much force and they splattered everywhere.

The ravenette shook with rage, who could ever cook with such tedious ingredients. Her eyes set upon the half full carton and with a clenched fist she smashed down, breaking them all.

It was then that Mio Uchiha silently vowed to never cook again.

Late into the night, after she had fallen asleep on the sofa, the house a mess with broken eggs, the door would creak.

Shadows flooded the houses entry way, eating the light in snaking fingers. Though as soon as they came the shadows were also erased. For as Sasuke pushed the door closed the reaching darkness dissipated.

Not that he would ever tell Mio, but he had spent the last few hours looking for her. Once news had reached of her hospital escape the Uchiha grew worried.

The affect the ravenette had on him was a hindrance, yet it could never be chased away.

"Mio?" He called. Walking into the kitchen, seeing the mess he could only assume she was here.

Yet there was no answer.

"Mio?" Sasuke asked louder, walking into the livingroom. That's when his eyes fell upon the sleeping girl.

Head lolled to the side and hair fanning out she almost looked peaceful. She had fallen asleep sitting up, most likely waiting for him to come home.

Deciding not to wake her the Uchiha would return to the kitchen and start cleaning the mess made. The broken shells and egg splattered walls made him smile and induce the fluttering in his heart.

The one unsafe thing was the burner left running. It was then that he agreed never to left her cook again- it obvioslously wasn't her forte.

×

I'm sorry I feel like my chapters are getting shorter omg.

Anyways this is unedited, but still, enjoy!

I love all votes reads and comments 💘