Part 1

My wings  ripped through my back as I took to the sky. ((Raven's wings are on the side)) It had been months since I last flew and my body yearned for the sky. I shot up into the air flying higher and higher. I had almost forgotten how good it felt to fly. The higher I flew the better I felt. Soon, my tiny village looked like a speck on the mighty mountain. I took a deep breath and let myself fall. I went tumbling through the air letting my hair long whip around me. Just as I was about to hit the ground I righted myself and landed lightly on my feet.  

I live in Middle Earth. My home is the Village of Light. We are all from the race of fairies. When you first hear the word fairy or pixie you think tiny creature that flies around making plants grow. That is nothing but a fairy tale. We are small, yes, but we are about the size of a dwarf. Some of us live among the dwarves and some choose to make their homes with hobbits. Every fairy has a talent or a skill they are naturally good at. A fairy gets her talent when she stops being a child. When a girl or boy is ready to receive their talent there is a big ceremony and a task is given to each fairy. The tasks are chosen by the Great One.  All of the people that live here are fairies. All but me. My father was a fairy but my mother was a dwarf. They met when my father was looking for work. He was a smith and my mother a healer. I am a bit tall for a dwarf but that never bothered me. I also don't have a beard thanks to my father side. My wings were different too. When a fairy is young, their wings change colors, but when they no longer become children, their wings take a permanent color that reflects the life that fairy will lead. My wings, on the other hand, had no color.