Part 7

((Thorin's POV))

I was surprised to see Raven return with a sword in her belt. After riding in silence for a while, I decided to ask her about it.

"Do you do much fighting?" I said. She looked up at me then back at her hands.

"Yes, my lord," she said, "I learned to fight with all with all weapons when I was young. The one you spoke with, Chief Brandon, taught me how." I nodded.

"If I may ask, what was the cause for all the festivities?" I asked. Raven smiled.

"We were celebrating the raise of the new chief," she said. Something inside me felt bed about having to take her away from the party.

"The new chief was Brandon. He is like my brother," she continued. I looked over at her.

((Ravens POV))

The young prince kept asking me about the celebration and I was more than happy to tell him.

"If I may ask, my lord," I said, "The reason behind the king of the Ironhills surprise visit?" Prince Thorin was quite for a moment. I cringed. It wasn't my place to ask.

"He will be joining us for Durin's Day celebrations," said Prince Thorin. I looked up.

"But he is a month early," I said, then regretting it, "Forgive me, my lord, it was wrong of me to speak out of place." Prince Thorin chuckled. A deep and rich laugh. I smiled a bit myself.

"All is forgiven," said Prince Thorin. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I was told that he and my grandfather had some important business to discuss," continued the prince. I nodded. I sat up a bit straighter as we approached the doors of Erebor. Prince Thorin got of his pony and offered me a hand. I let him help me. King Thror came to greet us. I bowed.

"Raven, you have arrived. Please go return your things to your room and meet me in the throne room. I would like to speak with you in a moment," he said. I bowed before rushing off to my room.