Part 5

((Raven's POV))

Trumpets blared and everyone drew in their wings. A hush had fallen over the crowd. A group of dwarves came over the hill and I gasped when I saw Prince Thorin. Brandon stepped forward.

"Prince Thorin of Durin," he said bowing in respect, "What a surprise! Is there a reason for a visit on such a wonderful evening?" I sent up a small prayer to the Great One it had nothing to do with me.

((Thorin's POV))

A man with shaggy blond hair approached me. I guessed he was the leader of these people.

"Prince Thorin of Durin," he said bowing, "What a surprise! Is there a reason for a visit on such a wonderful evening?" I got off my pony and returned the bow.

"I have come to speak to Raven," I said. Brandon nodded and motioned to a girl. The girl was standing in a circle of children. She looked at another girl with blond hair before stepping forward. This girl could not be Raven.

"My lord," she said and bowed. This girl really was Raven.

"I have an urgent message from King Thror," I said. Raven's head snapped up. Then blond with the shaggy blond hair raised his hand and the music began to play again and people slowly began dancing again. 

"Is everything alright, my lord?" she asked. I noticed Raven sway ever so slightly with the music.

"Is there some other place we can speak?" I asked. Raven nodded and led us to an empty dinning hall.

"What's going on, my lord?" she asked again. I took a deep breath.

"We received a letter from the King of the Iornhills. He will be arriving in one weeks time," I said. Raven's eyes widened. "I understand that this is the time we gave you to yourself, but we need someone we can rely on back in the palace. If you chose not to, I won't force you." Raven sighed.

"If King Thror wishes for me to return, I shall," she said, "I will get my things and return to Erebor."

--------

((A/N))

Hey guys! I hope my story is meeting your expectations. There is a picture of Brandon on the side (just minus the frog.)

Please comment and tell me what you think!