Part 9

Prince Thorin walked up to the besket and I stepped aside. He picked up a shirt and looked at my tiny stiches.

"This is very good work," said the prince. I looked at the ground.

"Thank you, my lord," I said. Prince Throin put the shirt back. 

"You've done well," he said. I blushed a bit.

"Take these letters to Dwalin and these documents to Balin," said the prince as he handed me a pile of letters tied with rope and a stack of papers, "You will find them in the mines. Then you have the rest of the day off."

"I will," I said, bowed and left the room. I heard Prince Thorin close the door behind me. I ran my fingers alone the stone walls as I walked. When I got to an archway I pressed my palm into the stone.

"Why do you do that?" came a deep voice from behind me. I jumped and yanked my hand off the stone, "I see you do that quite often." It was Prince Thorin! 

"Do what, my lord?" I asked looking at the floor. Prince Thorin took a step closer. 

"You're always drag your hand on the stone and press you hand to it," said Prince Thorin. I looked at the floor. 

"Each stone has a story and I was wondering what was it's story, my lord, " I said. Prince Thorin looked confused. My cheeks burned with embarrassment. What type of idiot would say something like that?

"It's solid stone. How does solid stone have a story?" he asked.

"The story belongs to the dwarf who caved the stone," I began, "Was it his daughter's birthday that day and as he caved this stone, was he thinking of her, or was it carved by a dwarf who was planning in getting married and did he carve this stone while he was dreaming about what the future holds for him and his new bride? Was it a dwarf longing for love and did he carve this stone praying to the great Mahal to send him his love, my lord," Thorin nodded. I twisted one of the ends of the ribbon that tied the letters together between my fingers. Quickly, I realized what I was doing and returned my hand to my side.

"I never thought of it that way," said Prince Thorin, then he handed me another few envelopes, "These go to Oin."

"Yes, my lord," I said then bowed. Prince Thorin nodded and I hurried to the mines. 

--------

((A/N))

Hello everyone!! I'm sorry I haven't updates in ages. My muse has utterly abandoned me. Hopefully it will come back soon. 

Please comment and tell me what you think!!!