Part 13

((Ravens POV))

Thorin knelt down beside me and watched as I drew the flower. When I finished, I held the book out for him to see. Thorin took the book from my hands and began fliping through the pages, looking at each drawing.

((Thorins POV))

"Did you draw all these?" I asked, amazed she could draw so well. Her cheeks turned quite pink and her gaze lowered to her hands. There were drawings of mines, Thror dozing on his throne, Thrain and Dwalin talking, dwarves training. There were also plants of every kind. Flowers of every color. I saw myself on most of the pages. Hundreds of drawings of me. There was one of me standing by the throne and in another, I was looking over the balcony of my room. I knew I should have felt odd at how many drawing there were in Raven's sketchbook, but for some reason, I wasn't. Instead, A warm feeling filled my chest. I chuckled a bit when I saw the picture of Nori frowning Ori and Ori looking sheepish. One made me remember about the time when Kili lost his first tooth and he thought he was falling apart. In the picture, Fili was comforting his brother and telling him it was a natural thing that happened to everyone. All of Reven's drawings were the moments that we cherished but never saw untill it was too late. I stopped on one page.

There was a pencil drawing of a young girl. I couldn't get a good look at her because she was facing the other way. Beside her was me. I was wearing the royal robes and the crown. I was smiling and pointing off to the corner of the page. I tried to remember if this had ever happened. Something was strange about this picture. I had never seen this girl in my life. She seemed lovely. Beautiful, actually. But who was she?

"Yes I did," she said and looked at the purple pencil in her hand. I noted for the first time how lovely Raven looked. The image of Raven in the dress she wore to the celebration a few days before came to mind. I shook my head and turned my attention back to her drawing. I had to admit she was a very good artist.

"Why me?" I asked softly, still amazed at her work. She looked up.

"What?" she asked. I looked up at her.

"Why did you chose to draw all these pictures of me?" I asked a little louder. She fiddled with her pencil.

"I don't really know," she said to the grass, "I just did. Every time I did, there was a new challenge." I handed her the book back. She took it and found a blank page. I listened to the scratching sounds her pencil made. She giggled slightly.

"What's so funny?" I asked. Raven flipped the page in her sketch book and took out another pencil.

"It might sound a bit crazy but, I just never dreamed I would ever be sitting here, talking to the prince of Erebor about my drawing," she said. I couldn't help but laugh at that. She was right, it was a bit crazy. There was still one question I wanted to ask.

----------------

((A/N))

Hello my lovely readers!! I just wanted to inform you that school has started back up. I won't be able to update as frequently as before but, I will do my best. Thank you!! Please leave supportive comments!!