7: Not Meant To Be Loved

~I am afraid
I am run-down
I'm so afraid
That you will leave me in the end
I wear a mask again and go see you~

Sooyun POV

Again it is evening, and again I go out of my house to see him. I've made my decision. This time I will beg to see who he is. I want to know. I need to know. He is the only person I've shared secrets with in which I haven't shared to the people most close to me. But I have to him. I don't know why. I don't understand why. But maybe I will when I see him. I need to know who he is.

I put on a coat before leaving the house. I walk towards the garden and there he is. Waiting for me again. A smile appears on my face. His back is facing me as I walk up to him. Once I'm only a metre away I stop. "Will I ever get here before you?" I say with a smile. He turns around to face me. He doesn't say anything but gives a little laugh. "Maybe. Well I've been here for a long time so...that's I'm always here first" His angelic voices filled my ears. His voice is one of my a favourite things about him. It's just hypnotising.

We both don't say anything for a while, simply enjoying each other's presence. I look up to see the moon shining brightly in the sky along with many stars. A soft wind gently brushes against my face. I take a deep breath before saying "Now that my parents have forgotten their priorities as a parent, I've realised that I crave someone's warmth and love. I feel so alone and I want someone to be beside me."

I look back at him and take a step closer to him. "I want that to be you" I say quietly. I think what I said startles him. I'm not sure from the mask but he doesn't move. "I know I haven't known you for very long but the time I've been with you makes me feel something. I know you care for me otherwise you wouldn't be here with me. I care for you too. I want you" I say softly. Still he doesn't respond. I don't think he was expecting me to say that. I wasn't expecting myself to say that either. But I guess it's the truth. That's my truth. I wonder when he will tell me his.

"I can't help you" He whispers and looks at the ground. "Because I don't what love is."

I feel sorrow hearing this. I went closer to him and slowly held his hand. His skin feels so soft, so fragile. He looks down at my hand in his. "I can help you, if you let me" I tell him gently.

"I'm not meant to feel love" He says, I can hear how broken his voice sounds. I think he's trying to hold back tears.

"Don't say that."

"But it's the truth" He says through sobs. "No one can love someone like me. I'm ugly. I'm worthless. I'm nothing."

I feel hurt hearing how hurt he is. I can't believe what he was saying about himself. "Your not ugly" I say, trying to comfort him. "I haven't seen your face but I know it's beautiful...and even if you don't think so, your heart is beautiful. Your not worthless. Your not nothing. You mean a lot to me. Really. Your so kind and caring and I love being here...with you." I realise my eyes were also filled with tears as I try to convince him that he's fine the way he is. I need to know who he really is.

"Please take off your mask. I want to see the face behind it." I slowly reach my hand out to take his mask off. My heart beating faster by the second. I want to see who is behind this mask. Who to know who it is that I've been talking with, sharing my problems with and maybe have feelings for? But just as I touch the mask he jerks away taking a step back.

"I can't. Because I'm afraid you will leave me if I do."

Jungkook POV

I leave after that very second leaving you alone. I quickly make my way home. I can't. I just can't face you anymore. I can't take my mask off.

I'm afraid

I'm run-down

I'm so afraid

That you will leave me in the end.

I know you will

That's why I wear a mask and go see you

But will you leave me in the end even with my mask?

I enter my house and take of my mask. I starts heading straight to my room. But on the way there, I hear someone yell. "Jeon Jungkook!"

Oh no. She yelled at me saying my full name. That means I'm in trouble.

I put my mask down to hide it from my mum and slowly walk towards her who is sitting on the dining table. "Y...Yes Eomma?"

"Where have you been?" She ask sternly. "Ou..Out" I stutter, afraid of what coming.

"With that girl right?!"

How did she know?

She's found out. I'm in a lot of trouble now.

I can't lie to my mum so I look down and slowly nod my head. "Why are you chasing after someone huh?" My mum yells at me. "Do you like her? More like, do you think she likes you?!"

I think back to what you said to me earlier. What you said comforted me back at that time. But now I'm being reminded that, that will all change if I show you my face.

"Take off your belt" My mum says in a quieter voice and holds her hand out to me. I look up and fear overcomes my body. "N...No...Eo...Eomma...Eomma please...please don't" I say as tears start running down my face.

"You disobeyed me and started chasing after someone knowing that you will never be loved. Hand. Me. Your. Belt."

My cries become heavier. "Please...I'm sorry...I...I won't do it again...please Eomma don't" I stutter though my cries. My mum doesn't listen to my pleads and keeps her hand out waiting.

I look down in defeat. I should have known that you would never like me. I should have never gone out to see you. I know that you will never love me and yet I still tried to be with you.

Slowly I unbuckle my belt and hand it to my mum ready for the consequences of my foolish actions.

My love for you will always remain untold.