Chapter 3 | Ghost of a Rose

Lady Sharra Arryn made a marriage proposal to Aegon Targaryen in which, in return, he would have her son, the King of the Mountains, to be named his heir.

Aegon refused.

Instead of taking Lady Sharra's offer, he gave the task of conquering the Vale to one of his sisters and Queen, Visenya.

Visenya Targaryen arrived at the Vale riding her dragon, Vhagar. There was no need for war. When Sharra Arryn arrived, she found her son, little Ronnel, sitting on Visenya's lap and asking her to ride her dragon. She allowed it.

So, Ronnel Arryn became known as the King who flew as well as Aegon's Warden of the East and Lord of the Vale.

"Have you ever seen a dragon?", Robin asked his cousin.

After being offered a bath and fresh clothes, she went to the library and read her little cousin stories. She decided that perhaps he would like to know the story of a young Lord of the Vale, such as himself.

He was fascinated by the story. Whenever she looked at him, his eyes were bright and he looked like the information was sinking in.

She closed the book and moved closer to the boy. Lilia was never fascinated about dragons, she never dreamt of them neither would she ever want to ride one. However, one of the time periods in Westori History in which she was more interested in was, without any doubt, the Dance.

She had read multiple books about the Dance of the Dragons and how it lead to the extinguishing of dragons forever. Though many of the books were supposed to be partial, they were mostly written to favour the Greens, the Hightowers. Lilia didn't like that but she also understood the reason why it was that way. After all, the Hightowers have always been the ones who financed the Citadel.

Nevertheless, had she been able to take sides, she would take Rhaenyra's. In her eyes, she was the appointed heiress, there should have not been up to discussion. In the Stark girl's eyes, her ancestors had done well by supporting her and though her death was something terrible and she lost the battle, in the end, she won the war when her son ascended to the Throne as Aegon III Targaryen.

"No, I'm afraid not. Dragons have been gone for more than a hundred years" Lilia explained. "Would you like to ride one?"

"Dragons are dead anyway, my father said so. Now, the stags are in power" Lilia nodded reluctantly. The stags used, indeed, to be in power. Now they were not anymore, though Joffrey was a Baratheon, the Lannisters were the ones who had their claws over him.

Robert should be rolling in his grave. He had taken down a Mad King and now, his own son was a Mad King. Truly, Lilia didn't know who was worse – Maegor, Aerys or Joffrey.

Maegor was known as Maegor, the Cruel. Aerys was known as Aerys, the Mad King. Joffrey, from what she had heard people say, was commonly known as the Illborn.

"Indeed, they are", she agreed. But for how long? How long would they remain in power? With the constant shadow of war and the rumour of illegitimacy, how long would Joffrey keep his newly found power?

Not that Lilia cared if his head would rot on a spike on top of the Gates, in fact, she wanted him to suffer a very painful death and she was more than ready to be the one to deliver him the justice she found fit. She wanted him to burn for what he had done to her, to her sister, to her whole family and to many other people who have suffered in his hands.

Westeros rots beneath the rule of Joffrey Baratheon, and Lilia knows it. The people die, the country gets painted with the blood of innocent men, women and children. How could the Gods allow that to stand? The murder of innocents in exchange for the vanity of sitting on an iron chair.