chapter 5 questions and friendships

After lunch had released, we all went back to our classrooms for a boring rest of the day. It did surprise me however, of how accepting most people were of us demis. Most people were asking Sam questions, no wonder, he was a cat. Doesn't everyone think cat ears are cute? A few more people came to me with questions, some really good looking people as well. The most popular girl in school, Katie Smithglow, came into our class and sat on my desk. She was trying to seduce me, i think...

"Hey, so i hear you are a snake demi, that's really cool."

If she would have had some decency for my personal space, I might have been happy to answer her questions.

"Umm yeah i am." I tried to hint that I was uncomfortable. I don't think she picked it up though, or she didn't care.

"Hey so are you doing anything after school today? I have some free time to if you want to go to a coffee shop or something."

"Umm actually i already have plans today, im going grocery shopping with izzy."

She made a grossed out faces at me, and she was starting to make me mad.

"Ugh are you talking about that weird girl with her hair dyed blood red? Heh and didn't she just dye the tips black to? I think shes screaming 'i want attention'. You should just ditch her."

She officially ticked me off, so I took my book and used it to push her off my desk. I didn't know what diseases she had. For all I know, she could have slept with every guy in her class.

"Excuse me? What do you think you are doing?" almost everyone in the classroom had a 'wtf' face.

"Hey look, i don't like it when bimbos walk in my class room and sit on my desk, and I definitely don't like it when they insult my master, and i don't like hypocrites, judging that right after she dyed her hair red, suddenly you have every color in the book. So no, I will not be accompanying you after school today."

She looked stunned, and I felt a little guilty, so i started to apologize before she stormed over to sam, and did the exact same thing.

He proceeded to do the same thing I did as well, as no one could have missed her walking in the room. She then just looked extremely mad at the world.

"Fine! None of you filthy people deserve me anyway!" and then she just kinda stormed out.

I had no idea what had just happened, but before I knew it, sam was standing in front of me.

"Don't mind her, she just wants a demi boyfriend"

That explains it, demis are probably going to be the next big thing in highschool.

"Yeah, but it still creeped me out."

It only reminded me that even though i dont notice much bad discrimination yet, we still wont be considered normal, we will be the minority.

I looked over to sam eyeing me suspiciously, then he spoke up.

"So i'm guessing you've had a hard day? I mean, with you being a snake and all."

"Well actually it hasn't been bad, with this morning being an exception."

He gave me a questioning look.

"Yeah i saw that something went down this morning, are you close with principal morris?"

When he said that my stomach tied in knots.

"Well we used to be close, but I don't think he will want to be around me anymore."

He looked guilty for some reason, he had no reason to feel sorry for me.