chapter 6 invasion and games

I woke up that Saturday morning very tired, I usually wake up tired though. I sat up and it was still dark outside, maybe around five or six in the morning. Since there was no school today, I didn't have to get up just yet. I laid there and thought about that disturbing dream I had last night.

"What could it mean" I mumbled to myself.

I lay there, blankly staring at the ceiling, when i heard small shuffling sounds.

I looked down and abby had crawled into my room.

"Hey, what are you doing in here this early? Shouldn't you still be asleep?"

She looked up at me, and she looked creeped out, I usually have my contacts in around her because it used to scare her when she was younger, i think it still does a little.

"Um I got scared, and isabel always gets startled when I crawl in her room, but I can't see to get in my wheelchair in the dark."

Yeah, anything crawling scares izzy, especially if abby crawls into her room at night and izzy doesn't know. last time she almost punched abby because she opened her eyes to just the top of abbys head peeking over the side of the bed.

"Yeah, you don't want to scare her, but what scared you?"

"There is something in my room."

Now i'm a little creeped out.

"Oh, what did you see?"

I asked her as she was struggling to pull herself up on my bed.

"I saw eyes like yours in my closet, but they were red, and I heard it whispering ."

Okay, now im officially scared, what if it's the murderer? I have to check.

"I have to go check it out, you have to stay here."

"No! Please don't leave me here!" she started to cry. I have to remember she's only nine.

"Fine, do you want to follow me? You can't go in the room with me though, in case there is someone there."

"No! I want to stay here!"

I will have to improvise.

"Okay, how about I carry you to isabella's room and wake her up to sit with you, then i check it out?"

"Okay, I will do that."

I picked her up, which wasnt an easy task, and walked into isabella's room. If there really was someone in abby's room, they probably know that im awake, so i need to hurry.

I walked in isabella's room and woke her up.

"Huh? Why are you waking me up?"

"Abby says there is someone in her room, and I am going to check it out."

"What!? We need to wake mom up!"

"No! She said it had eyes like me, what if it's the snake that has been murdering people? If so, i'm the only one that can handle this. You stay here."

She reluctantly stayed behind with abby, and I snuck into the hallway.

It was very quiet in the hallway, it was still early morning, so it was still dark. I walked up to abby's door and i put my ear up to it to listen.

All i heard inside was wind.

The window must be open.

I slowly opened the door, inside i saw the window was indeed open, and her closet door was wide open. I walked in, and i grabbed her walker to use as a shield if I needed to. I heard something outside the window. I walked over to the window, but I couldn't see anything in the dark.