Chapter 1.

"Austin, I have to go." She had said, her eyes momentarily closed as if in pain. When she opened her eyes, they are filled with tears. She whimpered and her face flustered in pink.

"What?!" I had screamed, my mouth and eyes gaping out in horror. Panic shuddered through my bones as she resumed speaking.

"I have to die." She spoke in gibberish mouth, her voice choking. "This was the only way I could have saved you." She sobbed.

"No!" I whispered at the same time her sister, Lila cried out. Martha had looked around with a defeatist smile on her face and then at me, shaking her head.

She has promised the Gods. Because of me! I could hardly see then as tears blurred my vision. She was doing it for me. I should have never agreed to come back.

"I don't want this. I don't want this." I run my hands through my hair, tugging my fingers in them wishing that I could snap my head off with them and die again. If only that could happen. If only I could rip off my life threads and lend them all to the girl I love. To the girl who is foolish enough to fuck up with me like that. The girl who is ready to sacrifice herself for a nobody like me.

"I have to." She had said and held out a hand in front of her, holding the sword. Fatae. "I love you Austin." She said it for the first time and apparently the last time. I saw the black in her eyes flooding in the white areas of the rest of her eyes, leaving nothing but a black hole in place of her eyes.

She had done it. She had fallen completely in love with me.

And that had killed her.

She had sucked in a breath and stabbed herself with Fatae as I watched half of it disappear inside her. She dropped to the ground, her eyes glowing back to its original green. I catched her as she watched me, her eyes brimming with tears. I held her close. "I love you Martha." I whispered and she drew in a breath, and then slowly lost her consciousness.

I wake up gasping and find myself lying on the cool but hard tiles.

A forceful pang of pain kicks in my temples beaded with sweat and warmth. Instinctively, I rub them against my feverish palm and slowly sit up from the floor, realizing that the casket is gone. My eyes widen. "What the fuck!"

"Why are you still here?" Martha's elder sister, Lila is her name, looks at me with boredom. I scowl at her but she doesn't notice. I get up on my feet as quickly as possible and walk towards her. She doesn't turn around but her shoulders tense. "What do you want?"

"Where is the fucking casket?"

"Where do you think?" She suddenly spins around and I back a step. "Just because we have let you stay here because my sister loved you, doesn't mean it is going to stay like that forever."

"Where the fuck is the casket?" I repeated.

"I removed it from here. My sister didn't have a peaceful living life. At least let her stay with her quiet in her death. Honestly, I didn't say much to you. I argued with Chloe for you to stay here because you were ill and Martha wouldn't want us to behave with you like that. But you, I don't care for, so let me do it the adult way. Just leave. It'll be better for all of us." She says and walks into the kitchen.

"Oh, you think you did me a favor?"

"I saved your life! I could have left you there in front of Zeus and the rest of the Gods like a piece of meat. But I took you with me because that is what Martha would have done. She wanted you to be safe."